• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating an Equirectangular image from a normal 2:1 image...

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to take a background image that I created in photoshop and convert it to equirectangular so that when I bring it into Premiere, it will function as a 360 background. The image is in 2:1 aspec ratio, but it needs to be warped to equi so that premiere will convert it properly when I toggle VR on. Is this something that can be done automatically (or even manually) within photoshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

I've solved my need by installing the Geographic Imager plugin. It handles that kind of transformations with ease, and had a massive set of geo mapping features too. Paid ~ 750 usd twice though, once license for my Mac and once license for my PC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

As you want to create Equirectangular images in Photoshop, please have a look at this article and let us know if it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/create-panoramic-images-photomerge.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Sahil! That is good information that you provided, but the image I want to convert to equi is one single image in 2:1 aspect ratio (5760x2880 to be exact). It isn't pictures taken from any camera, rather it is a watercolor-like abstract background that I created to be able to wrap with the Spherical Panoramic mode. The problem is when I enter Spherical Panoramic, it pinches the top and bottom. When I take photos with a 360 camera, it exports in equi so that pinching doesn't occur. What I want to do is warp the image that I created into an equirectangular image that won't pinch. I don't even know if this is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Did you ever find a solution to this? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a stable repetable way to do this too.

I also have the need to form other deformations, as the step from importing a proper equirectangular image ~100.000 pixel X 200.000 pixel and transform to something like Miller Cylindrical with center choosable for other than equator. maybe tilt it and such.

I guess this kind of large image GIS filters already excist? I just cant find them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've solved my need by installing the Geographic Imager plugin. It handles that kind of transformations with ease, and had a massive set of geo mapping features too. Paid ~ 750 usd twice though, once license for my Mac and once license for my PC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you tell us how you use the Geographic Imager plugin to do so? I can't find the option to transform a 2D map into a corrected equirectangular version of the same in it. The language of the software is very much geo-map oriented and even after trying to find tutorials about it I have no clue how to use it.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folllowing. I have the same question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also would like to do this, i am sure there must be a way to do this, even if the edges are interprolated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines