• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating custom brush with full opacity

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. How can I create custom brush in photoshop with full coverage? As seen in screen shot i have drawn a leaf and would like to create custom brush out of it. No matter what I try any color added behind it shines trough. 

Opacity of brush and layer is 100%.

I have created custom brush out of black and white image and tried tweaking contrasts. Seems like photoshop recognizes white parts as transparent.

Iita25964949j75r_0-1669140724263.png

Iita25964949j75r_1-1669141059940.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brush oacity is defined by the luminance values, so there's nothing wrong. What you seem to wanna do would only be possible with an actual pattern stamp, that is combine color and transparency. Otherwise your brush would need to be fully black to register as an opaque paint daub.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't tried pattern stamp before so it is new to me. I could find settings for it that control size or things similar to angle jitter, spacing (those can be controlled when creating brush). Made a little drawing of what I would like to achieve if that helps to illustrate problem  more clearly.

Sheetzilla_0-1669186880123.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*couldn't find

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then perhaps use the clone stamp. That can be rotated. Otherwise this may be more suited for Illustrator using symbols and their version of Art and Pattern brushes, which work differently.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @Sheetzilla What you want seems to be an image hose, pleave vote for this feature request, and post the image showing what you are trying to acheive in the comments.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-image-hose-extend-clone-stamp-tool/idi-p/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines