• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating smooth edges on a transparent PNG

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need an image on my website with a transparent background. I first tried creating this as a gif, but it looked horrible over my website background image. Then I tried saving it as a png, which looked much better, but it has jagged edges. What is the right way to create a transparent image in PS so that it will have smooth borders? It is basically a circle, about 60 px wide, with a solid color in the center and a border of about 2 px. Nothing fancy.

It looks perfect in PS but once I embed it on my page over the background image, it looks a mess.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Instead of doing a Save As, save for web devices. File -> Save for Web & Devices. Then save as 24-bit PNG, not an 8-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just need to make sure your circle is placed over a transparent background. Checkerboard gray, not white. Then save as PNG with transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

J Maloney wrote:

You just need to make sure your circle is placed over a transparent background. Checkerboard gray, not white. Then save as PNG with transparency.

Thanks, but that was already done. It's already displaying the background is transparent and not white. I have it over an image, and what I need is for the bordered edges of the circle to have a clean, crisp border instead of jagged edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of doing a Save As, save for web devices. File -> Save for Web & Devices. Then save as 24-bit PNG, not an 8-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines