• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop goes automatically to an active selection

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does the crop tool automatically go to my selection if I have one on. I have never ever wanted that "suggested crop" and find it to be very conterproductive and add unecessary steps. I was able to turn it off if I have a path selected so far but not yet for an active selection. I kind of get upset having to spend so much time turning  off all types of conter productive "default" new options each time I  replace a computers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Crop in Photoshop. We are here to help.

Crop selection has been the way for the Crop tool to function for some time. These steps can disable it:

• Select the Crop tool (C), and on the tool menu, click on the 'Settings' or gear icon
  • Enable 'Use Classic Mode' as shown below

SameerK_1-1646313144982.png

This will disable the Crop to selection behavior of the Crop tool.

We hope this helps,

Regards,

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Crop in Photoshop. We are here to help.

Crop selection has been the way for the Crop tool to function for some time. These steps can disable it:

• Select the Crop tool (C), and on the tool menu, click on the 'Settings' or gear icon
  • Enable 'Use Classic Mode' as shown below

SameerK_1-1646313144982.png

This will disable the Crop to selection behavior of the Crop tool.

We hope this helps,

Regards,

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that did it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my opinion and many of my colleagues, opening a file and having the crop tool automaticlly enabled is a pain. When I have more than one file open and I swith to another file it has the crop tool enabled. And when I click back to the previous file, the crop tool automatic comes on again. I see no reason for PS to do this. This makes me feel that the first thing anyone wants to do upon opening a file is crop it. I rarely want to crop an image when I first open it and I especailly don't want to happen when switching between files. I see your solution above. Does selecting "Use Classic Mode" reset all tools or just the selected crop tool. If it sets all tools back to lassic then that is not good. Please add an option to enable the file openinf with the crop tool. FYI - This is such a pain it has caused me to make these comments when I have a tight deadline and I don't have time for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines