Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 activation - "no connection", no support

Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get "no connection" when trying to activate Adobe Photoshop CS3 (firewall, antivirus is off). Also I called provided number and I didn't get activation code and was told to contact support. Chat support didn't help. What can I do to actiavate CS3 or it's impossible to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Then check you end make sure there is no file "host' that is redirect any of Adobe web site names like"

activate.adobe.com

practivate.adobe.com

ereg.adobe.com

activate.wip3.adobe.com

wip3.adobe.com

3dns-3.adobe.com

3dns-2.adobe.com

adobe-dns.adobe.com

adobe-dns-2.adobe.com

adobe-dns-3.adobe.com

ereg.wip3.adobe.com

activate-sea.adobe.com

wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com

activate-sjc0.adobe.com

hl2rcv.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

CS3 activation servers are no longer on line so CS3 cannot be activated. For a time Adobe provided non activating versions of CS2 and CS3 but these are no longer available.

The pages below describe the end of life policy from Adobe

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/support-periods.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/eol-matrix.html#NZ

Not what you are looking for , I know 😞

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know that, too. I was just talking with online support and all they do is sending me to forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had exactly the same, useless experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is "Host?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for reactivating this old post.

I recently had to re-install my computer due to a hd-crash. Now I'm trying to install my Illustrator CS3 again. Of course i cannot connect to the activation servers. they are off. Even the telephone.
How can I get an Auth Code to use the programm again?

The links here also are pointing to a not helpful page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 activation servers are no longer on line so CS3 cannot be activated. For a time Adobe provided non activating versions of CS2 and CS3 but these are no longer available.

The pages below describe the end of life policy from Adobe

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/support-periods.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/eol-matrix.html#NZ

Not what you are looking for , I know 😞

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have CS3 and it works just fine.  I just tried to install on a new computer and received the same error.  I reached out and was easily connected to Aabil at Adobe phone support.  He stated that they no longer have their activation servers active.  He also indicates that Adobe considers this end of life and will not give me an activation code over the phone.  I went back to my Adboe license and did not find a clause regarding a time period after which I would not be able to use or install my one-time-purchase.  I am a small business that needs none of the newer advanced features of the modern subscription suite and hope someone at Adobe can help those of us in this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no-one here that can help you activate CS3. As you said, CS3 is past end of life for support and the activation servers have been taken down.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe and replace this folder with the ORIGINAL folder from the drive it worked on before. This will work to effectively transfer over the files with the saved activation codes, bypassing need to recactivate.

This assumes you had this working on another computer and either still have access to the files, or have backed them up. If you only have the install key and it is a first time installation, you are probably out of luck.

Hope this helps.

BEST OF LUCK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines