• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cs6 from pc to mac

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello' so I have photoshop cs6 on my windows computer and I'm thinking of switch the Mac, just wondering if anyone knows if my cs6 will work on the Mac or how I would go about getting it on the Mac? 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

@Jason265844078a9k 

If you had made the switch back when CS6 was the current version, you could have switched platforms for the same version for a small fee. I did that when I switched from Windows to Mac in the days of CS3. The CDs were not cross-platform; Adobe sent me new CDs.

CS6 is no longer current and no longer supported, so it is no longer possible. In addition, Adobe moved from perpetual license to subscription halfway through the life of CS6.

Today you can get a subscription that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a valid license you should be able to download and install on an older Mac OS.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs6-install-instructions.html

If this is a newer Mac running Big Sur or Monterey you will have issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it won't and that is pretty much the end of the discussion. OS X has evolved beyond a point where it would even run CS6 and you're past any update or platform switch cycles. You really have to sign up for CC or find other alternatives.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newer versions of MacOS will not run 32 bit applications. While Photoshop CS6 itself was 64 bit, several components, including the installer, were still 32 bit. So no, it won't work and you can't install or run it.

Another thing is that Creative Suite licenses were platform specific. You'd have to get what was then known as a "cross-grade", upgrade with a platform switch. That's not possible now.

The photography plan (PS+Lr) is $10 a month, with all updates as they come. It is now cross-platform (you can have one Mac and one Windows on the same license).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jason265844078a9k 

If you had made the switch back when CS6 was the current version, you could have switched platforms for the same version for a small fee. I did that when I switched from Windows to Mac in the days of CS3. The CDs were not cross-platform; Adobe sent me new CDs.

CS6 is no longer current and no longer supported, so it is no longer possible. In addition, Adobe moved from perpetual license to subscription halfway through the life of CS6.

Today you can get a subscription that can be activated on two computers, and the good news is that one can be Mac and the other Windows. An annual subscription to Photoshop is payable in a lump sum or at $9.99 monthly. It includes 20 gb storage on the Cloud. There are also other plans. You might want to get the 7-day trial first (which rolls into paid unless you cancel.)

Scroll to find the $9.99 Photographer's plan:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add: It depends on the Mac (how old) and if it can boot an older OS that supports 32-bit. 

CS6 should run as a 64-bit application under Monterey but installing it is the issue; you must boot into an OS that can support the 32-bit installer (the last being Mojave). That's a big problem for M1's because Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina and M1 Macs do not run 32-bit and can't boot into Mojave. 
If your new Mac isn't an M1 (Apple Silicon), you are OK but if it is,  no way.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines