• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 purchased and CC photography plan installed 2 weeks ago they no longer started anymore

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have CS6 purchased and CCphotography plan fully paid up on my Win 7 machine. A few weeks ago, wuth no prior warning, both would no longer start and a pop up says this:

------------------------------

Renew your subscription

We're sorry, but we're not able to connect to the Adobe server
right now. Please click here to troubleshoot any connectivity
problems. If this problem persists please contact Customer
support.

Go to the Subscription Manager to renew you subscription for
Creative Cloud Photography and continue using your product
uninterrupted. If you have just renewed your subscription, please
wait 15 minutes and try again.

-----------------------------

I can only assume that I have not used the apps within a period limt but I have no info to this effect. There is no option to 'renew' my subscrption at the linked location and of course CS6 is fully paid up. As the products won't start I cannot access the activation dialogue. I should own up to having two Adobe IDs for which I have changed the passwords to no avail. I must have joined the community before buying the products and generated a new ID when making the purchases.

My account says that I have no activated devices but I have nowhere to activate them. However at least it acknowledges that I have made the purchases.

I can understand that you may have made changes to the CC photography that are incompatible with Win7 but I don't see why I am cut off from CS6.

I did try to activate off line but I can't find the 'request code' asked for.

I think you can work out that I'm a bit frazzled with this problem. I have become disabled and can now only do jobs that involved stiil at the computer. 

I have bought ON1 but the interface is dreadful and I really really don't want to use it. I've used PS for 25 years. All help gratefully received 🙂

Brian

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you logged in with the same email address you've used to log in here? I don't see an active subscription on this email. You might need to log out of Creative Cloud and sign in with the email address that your subscription is under.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You created a big problem for yourself by installing CC. It takes over the license for CS6, moving it to the subscription model. Your perpetual license still exists, but not on this machine. Stop paying for CC and CS6 dies too. 

You're seeing this rather earlier because CC can't check the subscription. Solve that, and CS6 might (perhaps) work as long as you pay for CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you have a look at my subscriptions now. I am now logged in with the ID which bought the products. I see that my CS6 perpetual has been converted to another subscription and so I am paying for CC Photoshop twice. I suppose I am having to cancel one of the subs before I get billed again. What do you think? thanks for the help so far!

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. That email address has your accounts on it.

I do see two subs on your account. I can cancel the Photoshop single app and keep the cheaper CC Photography plan active for you. Does that sound right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got your e-mail but my outgoing mailserver won't let me reply because it doesn't like some of the characters in your e-mail address. Fine with the offer, please cancel the more expensive subscription. The remaining problem is that I can't run CC manager but get another style of popup with a nice grey background to say that I still cannot connect to the Adobe servers. For reference I havedone the connection test with the logo and that works. Also I have reset the hosts file though it did not need it, there were no entries (is that right? )

Rgds

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brian, I cancelled the more expensive plan. For your other issue, it might be faster to work directly with an agent. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and click the chat icon in the lower right: 

JeffreyTranberry_0-1634859012616.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that if I have CS6 and install CC then my CS6 will stop running????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Win7 computer doesn't meet the min-system requirements to run Creative Cloud.  You need Win10 with latest updates.

Check each one.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Photoshop's new CPU & GPU requirements.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Use the Adobe Cleaner Tool to wipe old Adobe apps from your system before you reinstall software.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Legacy CS6 and CC don't co-exist well on the same machine.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They co-existed just fine on my machine for several years but it would appear that the latest updates on Creative Cloud broke it on Win7. Meanwhile what I did not know was that the licences for Photoshop CS6 and CC had effectively been been linked and so CS6 broke as well. So because of my illness I hadn't used PS for some time and didn't realise what had happened and so I have been paying for Photoshop CC for some time while it was useless and my investment in CS6, which I had depended on as a backup, is now worthless. Never agree to auto updates! What's the betting that if I try to upgrade to Win10 the hardware will not run it and /or half my apps will fail?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, use the Adobe Cleaner Tool to wipe old software off your system BEFORE you go further.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Nancy, in actual fact I had already done this. I just have to convince myself that the Win 10 upgrade can work on my machine before going any further. Apart from that it's now 04.00 in the morning and I need a recharge 😉

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines