• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cs6 slow, lagging performance

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As in the title, I have Photoshop cs6 and I cannot make it work properly. It's almost as the program was running on a much slower system. Common optimization has given no results. I can wait 5 seconds or more before seeing the effect of a command or brush stroke.

Cs5 gives no such probelms. I have a 64 bit Windows 7, but 32 and 64 bit versions behave the same.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to give it for lost. I really want to use the software, but I really can't work like this. My only hope would be to format and re-install everything, but I'm not going to do that; it just so happens that I need the computer to work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far we haven't reproduced any such slowdown in house (even on really dirty systems).

We have heard from people who have older video card drivers causing slowdowns, and bad anti-virus software (esp. Norton) causing slowdowns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well my video card is rather new, and I have no Norton. Did you try it on systems with a triple-core processor, like mine? I really  think it could be due to that because I see no other possibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been running on everything from single core to 32 core systems.

Most likely there is still something else on your system that you haven't told us about causing the slowdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what could it be? Any suggestion? I've run anti-spyware and antivirus software, cleaned useless files and registry system, defragmented, just about anything that could help a normal user.

I so much want to format every stupid thing and start from a clean system, and maybe I'll do just that in the weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off other software and utilities to see if they may be interfering.

Yes, sometimes it's easier to start with a clean drive and reinstall everything slowly to see where a conflict occurs (which explains why I have 4 bootable OS volumes, plus a stack of spare drives here at home -- yes, I am a Fry's frequent shopper :-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2012 Dec 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video Card Renderer: GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+/PCIe/SSE2

This might be you're problem

On CS6 I've tried GT 240, GTX 9800+ and GTS 450

Personally I didn't found a way to enable MPE in CS6 with the the GTX 9800+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2012 Dec 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Microbilla wrote:

... cleaned useless files and registry system, ...

Ugh, don't tell me you ran a "registry cleaner".

(This for others reading this thread) You really need to avoid registry cleaners.  They don't do a lot of good, and they introduce a lot of potential problems.  The registry does not need cleaning!

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem

Similar configuration, same system, Intel i7 processor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines