Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor get's stuck when using a brush

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm currently on a Macbook with the M1 Pro chip and I have a problem with the brush in either Lightroom classic and Photoshop since I got the new Macbook. I'm on the latest macOS and on the latest versions of Photoshop and Lightroom.

If I try to use the brush in Lightroom or Photoshop, I can hover around OUTSIDE of the image. As soon as I hover OVER the image the cursor gets stuck and i can no longer move it. The effect of the brush is applied however,  I just cannot see where I'm painting.  Most of the times it works when I lower the brushsize, but there's no fixed size where it occurs.  

And the same problem with Photoshop. I have a feeling there's a link between the brushsize where i can move the cursor and the resolution of the image, but I'm not sure about that.

Restarting the Macbook and/ or LR/PS does not solve the problem.

Does anyone have or had the same error? Can't find anything on the internet.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the bug you're experiencing similar to this?

https://youtu.be/Cle6dEgP5_Y

If that's right, I've reported before. This is a bug that started from 24.5. Since you are a mac user, I think you can provide more fresh information about bugs.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-completely-broken-hand-tool-ps24-5-hand-to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No my bug looks different from your's.

The funny thing is, I just wanted to make a screen recording to show the problem and after two years, it's the first time it's working properly  😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay the problem is back again. I made a short video. As you can see in the first two strokes i used a relative small brush size and it's working just finde. As soon as i increase the brush size the cursor get's stuck at the edge of the canvas but it's still "working" i just cannot see where i paint. It's the same problem in Photoshop and Lightroom. 

https://youtu.be/0eNlhIC6jig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nanifotografie,

I've tried to reproduce this so far with not much luck and wonder if a preference reset on your system might fix this on your end. Have you tried that yet?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back to return to your previous configuration.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Pete.Green ,

I tried it, but unfortunatly that doesn't fix the problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a high school teacher and I have multiple MACS that are having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still a problem and has not been fixed, even with the newest updates we are still having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines