Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom shape tool is very slow

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I cant seem to use my custom shape tool at all anymore. It was working fine for a few shapes I had made on the same project, but then later it has come to a point where it constantly lags and loads and is basically unusable. Everything else on photoshop runs smooth for me except crafting custom shapes, which is a problem since most of my environment based graphics use custom shapes.

Any tips?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you tried resetting the tool?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davescm,

Just tried this, unfortunately it didn't help. Thanks for the response though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Have you got a lot of these loaded at once?

It may be worth saving them - then just loading the defaults and seeing if the tool speeds up.

If it does , try reloading and saving your custom shapes into shape sets (using the Preset Manager)  and only loading the sets required. By doing that you may also find if there is an "offending" set of shapes causing the slow down.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand your response properly, but are you asking me if I have many shapes loaded in the custom shape preset? I have only recently started using custom shapes and have 15 additional shapes loaded aside from the default shapes in photoshop, and I am using these shapes specifically for this project. Is that a lot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

No, 15 custom shapes is not a lot.

Try this.

Save your shapes.

Then go to Preferences >General > Reset Preferences on quit. Close and restart Photoshop. This will set Photoshop back to its defaults.

Try the shape tool.

If OK, reload your shapes and try the tool again

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the tip, While the speed of operations while using the custom shape tool has gotten slightly better,  the lag still persists.
I think at this point perhaps my machine is not powerful enough to handle this tool or something. Is there anything else you could suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just had the same problem try this.

In edit>preferences>camera raw.

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

purge also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines