• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Damaged data

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This shows up on th occaisional image. What does it mean?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It usually means that some of the vital information in the image file header is damaged and unreadable. On occasion the damage is severe enough to make it impossible for Photoshop to display the image. Although the data in headers vary, it is not unusual for it to contain such as specific attributes as image format and color profile. Google "Information in an image file header" for header information relating to jpeg files, for example. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh boy. I have a damaged psd file and am using my CS5 version. Never a problem. Computer glitched. Now it says 'not a valid photoshop file'. I tried changing the extension to various other types. Nope. Several PSD fix programs not working, online or otherwise. One said 'no data'. The file is 41 megs. I can even get by with just SEEING the image so I can get the text I redid. Thanks folks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File corruption is caused by failing/defective hardware, usually disk or RAM. That's where you need to start looking for the cause.The only situation where Photoshop can corrupt a file is if the machine shuts down in the middle of a save - but again, the root cause is hardware, not Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the feedback. It's a new (1 yr) computer, but who knows. Can I get anything out of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a very old version of Photoshop, maybe it's time to upgrade the application to match your smart new computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For now, need a fix if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines