Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Debugging Photoshop CS5 plugin

Jan 10, 2011 Jan 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have JSX code that is called from a Photoshop plugin panel but I am having trouble debugging it. 

When I launch the the ExtendScript CS5 toolkit, set breakpoints and run the script,  I get 'Result: undefined" in the JavaScript console window.    I would like to be able to debug the Panel that I wrote and break on javascript code that is executed when a button is pressed on the panel.   What do I need to do to accomplish this?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2011 Jan 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Panel debugging is a problem. You have to go old school with alerts and log files. What I do is make sure my JavaScript code is working via a test harness with the ESTK and drag dropping onto Photoshop. Then all I have to verify is the messages I get from the panel are the same as my test harness. The messages go back and forth via XML wrappers so make sure you have no characters that will mess with XML. I have now gone to escape/encode and decode/unescape to get over that on most of my messages.

You might try posting to the "Scripting" discussion/forum list as this list is more for C/C++ programmers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines