Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default file location: 'on your computer' not doing anything

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since a few days ago, I've experienced a problem with opening files. I keep getting the Creative Cloud window to open files, even though my file handling settings are set to 'on your computer'.

I tried everything I could think of, from resetting my preferences, to reinstalling (3 times), wiping every trace from any Adobe application from my PC (all program files and data folders, appdata folders, registry), using the Adobe Clean-up Tool, yet to no avail.

So TL;DR: Photoshop ignores my default file location settings, even though I reset everything possible.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/how-to-quot-open-quot-file-normally-without-creative-cloud/m-p/13458827#M694608

I have solved the issue, though not in a way I would call logical. So if anyone comes across this issue, the above link could give some guidance. 

I still believe this is a bug, as the above link will show a reset of the prefs should have technically sufficed (which it didn't). But the sheer rarity and lack of information on the issue, might not justify a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/how-to-quot-open-quot-file-normally-w...

I have solved the issue, though not in a way I would call logical. So if anyone comes across this issue, the above link could give some guidance. 

I still believe this is a bug, as the above link will show a reset of the prefs should have technically sufficed (which it didn't). But the sheer rarity and lack of information on the issue, might not justify a bug fix. Up to Adobe whether this might lead to more issues in the future, or if it's an isolated problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines