• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Folder X No Longer Works! Please fix issue with Accessibility API

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop does not properly support the macOS Accessibility API in 'Export As'. As a result, Default Folder X can't enhance it.

I'd like to see this fixed, consider this a bug report. Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur that it doesn't work with Export As but it does with Legacy Save for Web which is kind of odd.

Seems like a bug indeed since the older code supports Default Folder X.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean in the save location dialog box after you click the blue Export As button? Because Default Folder appears there and is working for me.

So I looked in the Default Folder release notes, and for version 5.6 (the current version is 5.6.4), it says:

Due to a bug in previous versions of Photoshop, its Export As dialog does not work correctly with Default Folder X. Default Folder X now automatically disables itself in this dialog unless you are running Photoshop 22.5.0 or higher.

The current version of Photoshop is 23.3. Maybe that is why Default Folder is working for me in Export As; I’m running a version of Photoshop higher than the version where Default Folder disables itself.

After a little more digging, it also looks like Adobe did a fix for Default Folder and Accessibility four years ago, in Photoshop 19.1 (2018).

Which version of Photoshop are you running? Or is this a different problem than those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn, you're right Conrad, just tried again and after clicking on the blue Export button, this does show up:

Export.jpg

Don't know how I missed it before my post but it's there....

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't this be a job for St. Clair Software and not Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The two references I found earlier both point to it being an Adobe problem, especially the one where Adobe said they fixed a bug of that type.

I just looked at that link again and now I see that after the Adobe post I linked to, St Clair Software replied “Thank you!”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines