• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleteing part of Selection

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am a newbie to Photoshop. I am trying to put a coloured background on a photo of an iris which has a pure white background..

I chose the top line Select /Subject which gave a good outline, but there was a separate loop inisde the outline that I need to get rid of.
Can anyone please advise how to do this? It is the loop on the right hand yellowish stamen on the attched pic

regards to all,

JillB

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

You can use the Alt key and any selection tool to remove parts of a selection. (Shift + any selection tool will let you add to a selection.)

Jane

EDIT: I just looked at your image. You need to add that yellowish part to your selection. Hold down Shift and use the Elliptical Selection tool or the Lasso tool and drag to include that small selection. Choose Undo if you make a mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Alt key and any selection tool to remove parts of a selection. (Shift + any selection tool will let you add to a selection.)

Jane

EDIT: I just looked at your image. You need to add that yellowish part to your selection. Hold down Shift and use the Elliptical Selection tool or the Lasso tool and drag to include that small selection. Choose Undo if you make a mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jane. I  follwed your insturctons in the Edit para, and it worked perfectly. Much appreciated

Jill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@JillB4814 

You're welcome, Jill, I'm happy to help. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines