• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Design the Photoshop Forums Banner challenge (on-going)

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We’d like to start an on-going challenge to share your creative talent with others.

Purpose: Create a Photoshop Forums Banner for the Photoshop forums overview page.

PSBannerChallenge-wide.jpg

Using the template in this post, submit your Photoshop Forums Banner design by attaching your image in a response to this thread. We’ll then select the best submissions and use them for our Photoshop Forums banner image. A new banner image will be selected by an internal Adobe committee every 3 months and used in the Photoshop forums.

Use the attached banner template design as a starting point for your designs and will help you position your imagery where it won’t be covered:

Here's a link to another template, created by Trevor.Dennis with the PS logo, menu bar and text on a plain background to help with design element placement and help you keep everything within safe bounds.

Image dimensions: 1400px ×150px (72dpi)

File size: 30kb or less

File types: .JPG or .PNG

Please keep all submissions Photoshop-related (Photoshop UI is OK to use), safe for work, and use image content you have the rights to (do not use any copyrighted images).

Post your designs to this thread, and check back every couple of weeks where we’ll feature one of your designs here on the Photoshop Forums which is seen by over 35,000 people each month!

Looking forward to seeing what you can come up with.

Regards

Adobe Social Team

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 153 Replies 153
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My second one wasn't necessarily meant to be submitted But it can be if it is liked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that Trevor! It is very nice to see the banners together. I look forward to seeing further submissions and hope to submit some more ideas. I feel I am getting more inspired looking at all the latest submissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2016 Jun 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's interesting to note that no one has used an actual photograph as the basic element...

Think of this as your chance to set straight the awful splash screens we've seen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It's interesting to note that no one has used an actual photograph as the basic element...

You mean a wedding photo ? Lol, I could not resist to say this.

Maybe someone can find a wedding photo (Knoll brothers & Adobe girlies) !!!!

Pierre

Agent Provocateur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, you gave me an idea.    I'd have used Chris Cox, but I think he is a bit careful about having pictures of himself loose on the Internet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here ya go Dag.

I used to be a tour guide at an undersea aquarium.  Can you tell?

For lack of a better title, I call this Spider Flower.  But it could just as easily be a mutant sea creature or whatever you like.

SpiderFlowertBanner.jpg

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O. wrote:

Here ya go Dag.

I used to be a tour guide at an undersea aquarium. Can you tell?

For lack of a better title, I call this Spider Flower. But it could just as easily be a mutant sea creature or whatever you like.

SpiderFlowertBanner.jpg

Nancy O.

Hah!  I love the signature — text on a path _and_ a subtle taper, but what were you saying about guys and dark blue? 

This thread has been staying alive without help so far, but if anyone notices it getting well down page two, please bump it back into play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2016 Jun 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's wonderful. Really pops and makes you sit up and notice! My favorite so far.

Is that an interference pattern on it's, er... tentacles? (I'm looking at this on a small laptop). That's one of the things I especially liked about your other one - the texture and tactile quality.

The blue is more or less given - that's the Photoshop color, the color everyone immediately associates with PS. Just like green for DW and magenta for ID and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Web banner 3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Between or expending on these, see below, I wonder why someone don't try to do better for a header yet.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop.html?sdid=KKQIL&ttsrccat=sem-ww-di-ps-brand&mv=search&s_kwci...

https://stock.adobe.com/?promoid=KTOGY&as_channel=adobe_com&as_source=profile_menu&as_campclass=bran...

There's a bunch of teachers around here, have you asked your students to create something ?

What is blowing /slowing the forum is people injecting images into the threads (instead of external links (and) the social links. My 2¢

Pierre

Agent Provocateur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is blowing /slowing the forum is people injecting images into the threads (instead of external links (and) the social links.

Am I missing something?  Aren't we supposed to post submissions to this thread?  I don't use Behance.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As much as I love Kat's design, I still think a PS banner should stick to the trademark blue color scheme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I still think a PS banner should stick to the trademark blue color scheme.

Sorry buddy, but I digress. The corporate blue logo could be enhance in an explosion of "Rainbow" color, too. Even if it's subtle.

Pierre

Agent provocateur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

postrophe wrote:

The corporate blue logo could be enhance in an explosion of "Rainbow" color, too. Even if it's subtle.

OK, fair enough.

But Stock rubs me the wrong way. That makes me think of annual reports and corporate project descriptions...there are plenty of good photographers here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

But Stock rubs me the wrong way.

Same with me. Photographer or else, creativity is absolute here.

I'v seen some great Adobe "web header" over the years, maybe someone will blow my mind before next winter.

Pierre

Agent provocateur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or we could just go with the fluffy kittens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

floramc, will like that you've added quackie splashies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like "let's keep it professional?"

I will try to get with some ideas in the coming days, splashie is very photoshop friendly ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fluffy kittens and duckies.  Excellent!

At the risk of doing something unthinkable like using a real photo with lots of pink in it, 2 more for your consideration.  I can't decide which background I like better though -- dark or light.

Bromeliad Dark

PSBanner-Bromeliad-dk.jpg

Bromeliad Light

PSBanner-Bromeliad-lt.jpg

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O. wrote:

I can't decide which background I like better though -- dark or light.

Nancy O.

There's no point asking all all the males in this thread. a) we wouldn't have a clue, and b) we'd all say dark blue.

Right now I am liking Kat's design.  It has a modern Splash Screen look and feel, and would go down well with Adobe Evangalists like Julianne Kost, and Rufus Deuchler.  But my vote would still go to Nancy's first design, because it is art while still being relevant.

http://tule.by/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/featured-image-cc20141.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Nancy, Note that Pete started the same at :

Design the Lightroom Forums Banner challenge (on-going)

A bit more targeted to Photography and Photographer, I think.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know, Pierre.  But I don't use LR much & nothing I've submitted so far has been touched by LR.

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I understand, but no-one have said explicitly that photoshop should be involved for proposing a banner.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lighter blue is closer to the Ps logo, so perhaps the lighter one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel an urge to apologize with Pete, it's a person I like, when I see the enthusiasm around kitties and quackies I feel at least 50% guilty. There was a time this community was all about taking things sharply seriously... I know he summarise the concept of being cool, but I have my wonders if Ps+kitties+quackies is what he would rejoice as a cool banner...

Nevertheless, I'll give this a try, just because it's photoshop but I am in quite a busy time in my private so can't promise anything. If I make it for the show, I'd be happy to create something splashy. Let's the quackies stay for the connoisseurs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines