• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did I actually install CC 18.1.7?

Engaged ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the installer for CC 18.1.7 from Download legacy versions of Creative Cloud apps and ran it, then fired up CC 2017. The About CC Photoshop window remains unchanged:

About.png

However, if I go into the CC 2017 program folder, the folders for the most part have today's date for the creation and modification dates, but the executables, DLLs, et al. remain unchanged.

18.1.7_cc2017-folder.PNG

So the question is, did I successfully update CC 18.1.6 to 18.1.7?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Does the top line under Help>System Info show anything different as far as the version?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been a change in Adobe policy. Only the two most current versions of Photoshop are available for install: CC 2018 and 2019 or v19 and v20 through the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quote from the email from Adobe I received this morning:

"Unfortunately, we have recently discontinued Photoshop 18.1.6 and earlier versions, which our records show you may be using. While we recommend you update to the latest version of Photoshop, we recognize that some customers may prefer to use Photoshop 18. Therefore, we have released a new version, 18.1.7, which is available to you if you are interested."

There's more discussion here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2620388

Which brings me back to my original question. I suspect the answer is Yes, but it would have been nice if that Yes were reflected in the About screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the top line under Help>System Info show anything different as far as the version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff Arola — You snuck in while I was responding to Gener7. Yes, it does say 2017.1.7. So that answers my question, it did install properly. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's news to me. I was informed only 20 and 19 were authorized, but I guess Adobe let this one slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gene,

Actually for some CC apps, the allowed versions go more than two versions deep – for example, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator... For more details, see:

Adobe Limits Software Version Downloads, Including Some Direct Links

(Yeah, we're all learning about this as it happens, true.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProDesignTools  wrote

Hey Gene,

Actually for some CC apps, the allowed versions go more than two versions deep – for example, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator... For more details, see:

Adobe Limits Software Version Downloads, Including Some Direct Links

(Yeah, we're all learning about this as it happens, true.)

Jim, that looks like a change to what we were told a few days ago, so thanks for the heads up.   Your site  is an excellent resource as always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Trevor – really appreciate your support, as always!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines