• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did they remove the eraser tool in new version?

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop upgraded to v25 and I no longer have an eraser tool or magic eraser. I can’t erase anything nor can I even find where it might be?

Trying to find a way to revert back to v24 so that I can actually use photoshop

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the option to uninstall and revert back to v24. That is ridiculous, I do not know what Adobe is doing here with the new version but I will just stick with the old version and block new updates from executing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I would reset the workspace as a first step. Or set and reset the Essentials workspace.

Another option is to click on the three dots at the bottom opf the Toolbar, and chose Edit Toolbar then on Restore Defaults. You should see the missing tools on the left side of the panel, but drag them over from the right if that's were they are.

image.png

Your next step would be to create a custom Workspace with custom toolbar selected.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try and switch the workspaces, no change. There is no option for edit toolbar in the "..." all you have is restore default and 1 other similar option. There is no submenu, nothing.

I did not try to create a new workspace, but then why should I? these are default toolbar settings that have been around for what? 20 years? just because Adobe desiced it wants to push AI, they we have to spent time now troubleshooting what used to be the default toolbar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try and switch the workspaces, no change. 

By @KB136069

Setting another workspace is not going to work.  You need to Reset the Woorkspace.  That will take it back to its defaults including toolbar and shortcuts.  The Essentials is probably your best bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still there. try resetting your preferences.

ChuckUebele_0-1713664992960.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that already, I reset prefs and nothing. I have looked everywhere, there is no options for the toolbar anymore either. You used to be able to right click the "..." and add and remove toolbar options but that has been removed. When you click on the "..." in v25, all you have is a reset option, that is it. In older verisons, you can expand and add additional tools to the toolbar, you can't do that anymore to the list if you wanted to, now it is extremely  limited. I also know other who are reporting it too (Professional media users far more advanced than I am) 

its ok, I put it back to v24. Not even going to bother with v25

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KB136069 

Nothing has been removed and nothing has been changed. Everything in the toolbar works as it always has.

This sounds to me like corrupt preferences.

Preferences are prone to corruption because they are rewritten on every application exit, in contrast to read-only program files. An irregular shutdown can easily corrupt them.

Did you migrate preferences when you updated? I would actually not recommend that. Accumulated small errors may surface with new application code. Spend five minutes to get a fresh preferences file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you're right actually. 

I deleted V25 yesterday and reverted back to the old version. After I finished what I needed to work on and had some extra time to tinker with all of this, I upgraded it to V25 again today and everything is back to normal, all of my toolbars are like they should be and things feel much different than they did yesterday. I can right click the "..." and I have all toolbar options, I can change workspaces and everything is normal.

so I think you're right, something got corrupted during that initial install yesterday and the reinstall fixed everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines