• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital tablet pen sensitivity not functioning anymore

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been drawing comfortably for the past few months with my screen less tablet and photoshop until 2 days ago when suddenly the pressure sensitivity isn’t sensed by photoshop anymore as it shows the small warning triangle, at first I though it was my tablet so I switched out to a new one today but I’m still getting the same results, uninstalled adobe and nothing either, any recommendations?

By the way the pressure sensitivity still works but not for darker strokes, sometimes the pressure sensitivity is non existent while other times it works but I have to press really hard to get a darker color. I also did use the PSUserconfig.txt method but that didn't work either.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have Windows Ink checked in whatever driver your tablet uses?

What is that tablet?

Is it working in other apps like Krita?

Can you corelate the issue to an event like a Windows update or similar? 

Are your foreground/background colours set to Black & White?
Is brush and layer opacity set to 100%

Does the mouse create a fully dense brush stroke?

Ceck this page on the Lazy Nezumi Pro site.  It's the best tablet guide that I know of.

https://lazynezumi.com/tabletSetup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A HUION H1060P, the tablet works "fine" but i have to press extremely hard to get a darker tone, not to mention in my Bluetooth and devices it says Driver Error below it, Photoshop also tells me that "Control by pen pressure requires the use of a pressure sensitive tablet, except i already switched to a new tablet and the same applies above, opacity and so on are set to 100%, and my mouse creates a full dark stroke. I also do utilize Lazy Nezumi for photoshop but i don't know if that helps, windows 11 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting that you are using LNP.  Try turning it off and see if that makes a difference?

If it works OK with LNP turned off, then you obviously need to look at your settings, but if it doesn't make a difference, you might be able to cheat the driver into working.

The pressure curve settings below would give 100% opacity with 50% pen pressure if everything was working normally.  If this fixes it, then the problem is that you are sacrificing half of the tablet's pen pressure range, so not ideal. 

image.png

So try these tests and let us know what happens.  Ideally, you have your LNP settings wrong and can fix them.  Try the settings below.  That should give you full range of sensitivity.

Make sure max value is at 100%, although I don't think that is the issure because you said you can get dark strokes by pressing really hard.  With max value at 50%, no amount of pressure would produce more than 50% opacity (or stroke thickness if that's the brush setting you are using)

Putting Softness to a high value should increase opacity more quickly against pen pressure.

image.png 

If all this makes no difference, then we'll look at your Huion driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines