• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable anti-aliasing for the Clone Stamp tool ?

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the Clone stamp stool, it always feathers the edges, which is not good for me as I work on design with a set number of colours.

Is there an option to opt out of it, like 'Anti-Alias' for the Lasso tool for instance?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not certain what your exact issue is. Could you provide some screenshots to illustrate the problem? When utilizing the Clone Stamp, you're essentially painting with a brush. Apart from the brush settings and parameters in the Options bar, which is located just below the menus, there are no additional hidden adjustments for the Clone Stamp's behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many colours are you limited to?  If really low like maximum 8, then you could use the Cutout filter.  If 256, 128, 64 etc colours, then convert to Indext color mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show your brush settings when using the clone tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which brush are you using – a sampled brush or a basic round one or …? 

Could you please post screenshots taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Brush Settings, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines