• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disabling Ligatures in a TrueType Font CS6

Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ligature.JPG

I am editing a logo in Photoshop CS6 and letter combinations such as fi appear as you see above. The font does not behave this way in programs like Word. This is a TT font, so the option to disable ligatures in the Character Panel are greyed out. The font is Albertus Extra Bold, this does not happen in Albertus Medium.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current ad hoc fix is to change the kerning between the 'f' and 'i' to 30, which is the minimum required to avoid the joining of the two letters, but there must be a way to prevent this entirely...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, a wild guess, disabling the "ligatures" from type>opentype (I know you use TT) as there is nothing in the preferences about it either.

another workaround: If the space you create is too big, what about adding a space, then working in the kerning the opposite way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My Albertus Extra Bold does not do that:

And BTW, no TT font has ligatures enabled on my system.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines