• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappointed :-)

Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Application Manager just advised me of seven new updates, but Photoshop was not one of them.     Someone posted that a new version was due recently, but I don't think that can be right.  This Wikipedia chart suggests that we are way off a major Photoshop update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2017.1 only came out 5 April so not really surprising .

What did surprise me was that at the same time CC2015 went up to 2015.5.2.

Not sure why wikipedia not keeping up with those last two.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything in the Premier Pro update that made your day, Trevor?

As for Ps 2017.1, there were a few bugs that made it out the door. Hopefully a minor release is due soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7  wrote

Anything in the Premier Pro update that made your day, Trevor?

As for Ps 2017.1, there were a few bugs that made it out the door. Hopefully a minor release is due soon.

Gene, I have a fairly big video project that I've been putting off and really need to get done, but there's always something else I'd rather be doing.   Just looked at the What's New page, and there are actually some pretty cool new features:

New features summary for the 2017 release of Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Looking at the most recent Photoshop updates, I'm finding it hard to get excited about the new features that came with them.  Adobe have been pushing Adobe Stock hard, and lots of the new features were focused on making it easier to find and use Stock images, but I have not personally made a single purchase.

New features summary for the 2017 release of Photoshop CC

[EDIT]  I have just shamed myself into progressing the video project.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disappointed

Yes because some bugs reported in prior releases of Photoshop are still not fixes in CC 2017.1.   CC 2014 is the version I use The default version on my machine. CC 2017.1 is for testing only.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Someone posted that a new version was due recently..." Maybe they meant this? Adobe Security Bulletin

2015.5 and 2017.1 got security updates and all the rest got RAW updates. The version numbers didn't change...I think. What was interesting is that the CC app didn't advise me of anything. If I hadn't come across an article on some IT site, I wouldn't have known to open PS and click on Updates...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PBArtattack  wrote

"Someone posted that a new version was due recently..." Maybe they meant this? Adobe Security Bulletin

2015.5 and 2017.1 got security updates and all the rest got RAW updates. The version numbers didn't change...I think. What was interesting is that the CC app didn't advise me of anything. If I hadn't come across an article on some IT site, I wouldn't have known to open PS and click on Updates...

But isn't that automatic?  I never actively check for updates, and the Application Manager lets me know when they are available.  Apparently they are rolled out progressively according to your time zone, and it used to be possible to force the check by signing out and back in to the Application Manager.  There is a Check for Updates link now.  The syntax of the option, I have highlighted below, is perhaps a bit vague in that it appears to refer just to the Application Manager, but AFAICT it keeps all your installed CC apps up to date.   (Yes I know my email address is visible, and I have no problem with that)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It wasn't automatic for me. I don't remember what site I was on when I saw the article about the Photoshop update (I was out of town using my non-PS laptop), so it had several days to show up in CreativeCloud on the desktop at home and it never did. The Security Bulletin — and quite possibly the article — both made a point of telling you to open PS and click on Updates...

Incidentally, the Bulletin has changed since I first saw it. Originally you had to manually download the installer for CC2015.5 (or was it CC2017.1? ach, age!) from a specified site, CreativeCloud wasn't going to deliver it on its own. That language has been dropped.

That's all I know. By the way, when I butted in with this, I was simply taking a wild swing. The word "update" can cover a whole bunch of things, not just upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines