• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distributing Animated GIF's Online

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm searching for the best means for distributing animated GIF's online.  I create them in Photoshop and have shared them with some friends via text and email.  Sometimes they work, sometimes the file size is altered and sometimes they will only view as still images.

What would be the best way to distribute them online? Any advise on how to make sure that once they are shared they will be viewed as they are intended to be viewed would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are more GIF hosting websites. You can use any of them to host your GIFs. It is free.
I use Giphy to share GIFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Giphy is pretty good! Thanks for the recommendation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jonathon24268634ujlg, you might explore Adobe Behance for sharing your gif files. It works well for me, and you can organize your animations by projects or categories. Visit https://www.behance.net for more info on setting up your profile, or you can use your Adobe ID to log in if you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry,  I forgot to come back and reply.  I think that Behance is going to be a good platform also. Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! When you set things up, come back to give us your Behance URL if you like, and I'll give you a follow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several ways you can distribute your animated GIFs online while ensuring that they are viewed as intended:

Use a file-sharing service: You can use a file-sharing service like Dropbox or Google Drive to upload your animated GIF and then share the link with your intended audience. This way, the file will be in its original form and quality, and your audience can download it or view it directly from the link.

Share on social media: Many social media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, support animated GIFs. You can upload your GIF to your social media profile or share it directly with your friends or followers.

Use a GIF-hosting service: You can also use a dedicated GIF-hosting service like Giphy, Tenor, or Imgur. These services are optimized for sharing and displaying animated GIFs, and they often provide embed codes that you can use to share your GIF on websites or social media platforms.

Optimize the file size: Animated GIFs can be quite large in size, which can make them difficult to share or view. To optimize the file size, you can reduce the number of colors in your GIF, decrease the frame rate, or use a compression tool like TinyPNG or Ezgif.

Check the compatibility: It's important to ensure that the platform you are using to share your animated GIF supports the format. For example, some email clients may not support animated GIFs, so you may need to send it as a link instead. You can also check the specifications of the platform you are using to ensure that it supports animated GIFs.

By following these tips, you can distribute your animated GIFs online while ensuring that they are viewed as intended.

Visit Here for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry,  I forgot to come back and reply.  Really great advice.  You've been very helpful.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines