• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document fit on screen not 100%

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I create a new document, the 'zoom' on the status bar is always less than 100%. No matter what size or resolution I try, and I've already tried reseting the photoshop settings file. I'm not quite sure what else to try. I've included a picture so you can see what size it automatically goes to (14%) to fit the screen instead 100%

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you just quickly press the keyboard shortcut Command/Control + 1 to view your document at 100%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop by default opens at Fit to Screen or Ctrl/Cmd 0. There is nothing wrong with it. At 100% it would more than fill the screen and if it is a white blank, it would be hard to know where you are.

Use the Navigator Panel if you really want to work at that 100% zoom level. That's Window menu > Navigator

The red marquee can move you around the document.

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 9.45.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to sidetrack this thread, but I and many others are NOT seeing "Fit Screen" on open, but the image opes at 100%.
This is a massive PITA for photos!

This Fit to Screen is really supposed to be the option; how do I reset that option?

FYI: I have gone through the Preferences and con not find anything there - at least not that is obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The default behavior is not 100% on Open. My guess is that an Event Script or Action is  doing this.

Go to File menu > Scripts > Script Events Manager

Look at this dialog and try unchecking "Enable Events to Run Scripts/Actions:"

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 12.02.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify the concepts, 100% in Photoshop has nothing to do with size (screen or print or otherwise).

100% has a very specific meaning in Photoshop: it maps one image pixel to one screen pixel in a 1:1 rato. That's it. It's irrespective of how many pixels there are in the document or how that relates to screen size.

This is different from other applications (like Ai or Id) where 100% means print size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines