• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document issues in last update

Advisor ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new document feature that came in the last PS update is not very practical. How do I kill it? There's no option? It's really annoying not being able to just press ctrl+N to open a new document and then just press the Enter key whenever I want a new document. Also it's the same routine whenever I copy something to the clipboard. Now I can't just ctrl+n and ctrl+v to paste into the document without being forced to deal with the new document panel options. I can't even climb trough the options with my keyboard or press the Enter key to choose the document type. Pretty tedious stuff!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Do you mean this in Photoshop preferences?

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 12.15.51.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit > Preferences > General, make sure the 'Use Legacy "New Document" Interface' box is checked. Then close and restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean this in Photoshop preferences?

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 12.15.51.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek - This one:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not check that and Ctrl+N Enter still works if there is something in the clipboard to creat a new document clipboard size.  However, Start workspace may get in the way I uncheck Use start workspace.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a Alt+Prtscrn Switched to Photoshop CC 2017 did a Ctrl+N had to as usual hit enter to create the new document clipboard size and then Ctrl+V and see this. And I use the new new document interface.

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned I'm not able to use the new document interface whilst doing that. It always opens the new document interface and I'm forced to actually use the mouse to choose, so theres no keyboard navigation and the Enter key has no function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone for swift response. Each time there's been updates I always browse trough my prefs. This time around I obviously overlooked the new option named Use Legacy "New Document" Interface. After checking that I'm back on track. What I notice tough is that the document window opens slower than before the update, it's actually lagging a bit. Before it came instantly and now it takes 1-2 seconds to open. As a matter of fact the whole UI responds slower than before. Opening menu items, moving trough menus etc. Took 5 seconds for the Preferences dialog box to open!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines