• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone know where to find "Image Processor Pro"

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know where to find and download "Image Processor Pro" from?

Your help will be much appreciated.

I have Photoshop 2020.

Stay safe

Ian

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo... Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of doc brown's scripts. You can always find his scripts here: Dr. Brown Scripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this script work? Image Processor Pro / v3_2 betas

Within that folder I do not see Image Processor Pro.jsx  ... instead there are many other files. Would anyone have a link to a tutorial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the .zip version and follow the manual installation instructions found in the archive:

ImageProcessorPro-3_2b5.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this great Automate tool. At the moment, the tool seems to FIT the image to the desired new dimensions, and resizes the entire image proportionally to fit within the longest dimension (either the height or the width), but I would like my image to FILL the entire space of the new dimensions and when necessary, filling  the image proportionally over the new dimensions entirely, so that any extra bits of the image outside the new dimensions would be cropped off. 

I would like to know if Image Processor Pro, or any other tool or script allows me to fill an image to a specfic size covering the entire dimensions and align from center, top left, etc. Or can I add an action to do this to the Automate > Image Processor Pro before it resizes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, IPP uses "fit image", so uncheck that option.

Again, yes, IPP can play an action, so you would create an action and reference the action in IPP...

As this is likely beyond the scope of an action, the action may need to reference a script!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I unchecked the "Resize to Fit" option (I couldn't see a "Fit Image"), however doing this just made a copy of my original image, except with a different file name (as I entered in the "File Naming" section). What I want is a "Resize to Fill" so I specify a new width & height, I do want my pic resized to fill the new canvas area entirely. I have only 1 image at a time, but want about 6 different sizes so I can sell as digital art prints. My original image is scanned 1200dpi from original traditional artwork, and the original artwork dimensions don't always fit the exact ratio of the common art print sizes. So I want to have every edge of the new canvas covered - top, bottom, left, right - while staying in proportion, but most likely have some cropping occur because either the sides, or the top/bottom will have some of the artwork overhanging/outside the canvas boundary and this is OK, I do want this cropped off because I don't want white space inside the canvas margins. So rather than a FIT, I want a FILL. Any ideas on how I can do this automated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this all reflects what I mentioned in my previous post. :]

So, first you need to find/make a script to automate proportionally filling the canvas with the layer content. Other options could be making a script or action stretching/distorting the layer to fit the canvas or content aware fill or content aware resize so that the layer fills the canvas.

Then this can be automated.

A search of the forum returned some topic titles that looked appropriate, however, I don't have time to check the content now:

How do I automatically scale a layer to fit a canv...

How Do I Write A Script Resizing A Layer To Canvas...

And a web search:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/fit-layer-to-canvas-keeping-aspect-ra...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/scale-layer-to-current-canvas-size-ph...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/automatically-resize-a-layer-to-fit-c...

https://gist.github.com/jawinn/ab4df1c33d0743e41fd3

https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/146988/how-to-write-a-photoshop-script-to-resize-t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. I now have a script that fills the layer to the canvas and middle-centres for me. So I open my template of the relevant size, say 24x30 inches 300dpi, embed the original large image, run the script to fill the layer to the canvas, save a copy as a jpg, give it a new name reflecting the size. Then I start all over again, open 16x20 inches template (and repeat the process). Then open 8x10 inches template ... for as many sizes as required (usually about 7 or 8). So it's still a bit of work, especially when I work on multiple images (designs) each day. I created an action, but found I needed to create a different action for each image, because of the file saving and naming. I tried to put stops in the action so I could select the image file, and save it the way I want, but the stops would not work for me. If only IPP had the "fill to canvas" implemented, it would be so efficient to set everything up once, and do it all through IPP ... otherwise if you have more advice, I'd be happy to get some guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which of the scripts worked for you?

Generally, all you need to do is record the use of the fill layer to canvas script in an action and direct IPP to use said action. So in a way it does have the ability to do what you want, if the action uses the script.

IPP can create 10 separate batches per run. As IPP takes care of open and saving images, these steps should not be in the action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the following script (excuse all the extra notes for myself - I'm a beginner & learning). I ran this script for my templates one-by-one and it worked. I am still trying to work out what I need to change in order for it to work in IPP. Any advice would be appreciated.

// FILL LAYER TO CANVAS  

// Ref: JJMack, https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/scale-layer-to-current-canvas-size-photoshop/td-p/5217315/page/2

var imageLayerWidth = app.activeDocument.width.as('px');  
var imageLayerHeight = app.activeDocument.height.as('px');  
var bounds = app.activeDocument.activeLayer.bounds;  
var LWidth = bounds[2].as('px')-bounds[0].as('px');  
var LHeight = bounds[3].as('px')-bounds[1].as('px'); 

var userResampleMethod = app.preferences.interpolation;  // Save interpolation settings  
app.preferences.interpolation = ResampleMethod.BICUBIC; // resample interpolation bicubic  

if (LWidth / LHeight < imageLayerWidth / imageLayerHeight ) { // if the image layer Aspect Ratio is less than the Canvas area Aspect Ratio   

var percentageChange = ((imageLayerWidth / LWidth) * 100.25);  // Resize to canvas area width  
   activeDocument.activeLayer.resize(percentageChange, percentageChange, AnchorPosition.MIDDLECENTER);  
   }  

else {

var percentageChange = ((imageLayerHeight / LHeight) * 100.25); // Resize to canvas area height  

// resize - pass in horizontal, vertical, anchor in the parameters
  activeDocument.activeLayer.resize(percentageChange, percentageChange, AnchorPosition.MIDDLECENTER);  
   }

// FYI Anchor positions can be:
   	// BOTTOMCENTER, BOTTOMLEFT, BOTTOMRIGHT
   	// MIDDLECENTER, MIDDLELEFT, MIDDLERIGHT
    	// TOPCENTER, TOPLEFT, TOPRIGHT

app.preferences.interpolation = userResampleMethod; // Reset interpolation setting  
app.activeDocument.selection.selectAll();

// ALIGN call from function below
align('AdCH'); align('AdCV');
app.activeDocument.selection.deselect();

// FYI
	/* 
	AdLf = Align Left
	AdRg = Align Right
	AdCH = Align Centre Horizontal
	AdTp = Align Top
	AdBt = Align Bottom
	AdCV = Align Centre Vertical
	*/

// -----------------------------------------
// Align Layers to selection function
// -----------------------------------------
function align(method) {

var desc = new ActionDescriptor();
  var ref = new ActionReference();

ref.putEnumerated( charIDToTypeID( "Lyr " ), charIDToTypeID( "Ordn" ), charIDToTypeID( "Trgt" ) );
  desc.putReference( charIDToTypeID( "null" ), ref );
  desc.putEnumerated( charIDToTypeID( "Usng" ), charIDToTypeID( "ADSt" ), charIDToTypeID( method ) );
  // FYI charIDToTypeID is a Method with a parameter type of string, returns a number

try {

executeAction( charIDToTypeID( "Algn" ), desc, DialogModes.NO );
 // FYI 'Algn' is an Event ID Code

} catch(e){}
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the if( ... should be:

if (LWidth / LHeight < imageLayerWidth / imageLayerHeight ) { // if the canvas area Aspect Ratio is less than the image layer Aspect Ratio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My  Batch Collage populating scripts and my Batch  Mockup populating scripts edit oiption will fill  resize the image to file the Image Area bounds. If the Aspect Ratio of the replacements do  not have the same aspect Ration of the Images Alpha Chanel or Smart Object Canvas  there will be some Image content masked off by the Alpha channel layer Mask or the Smart Object Canvas.

If you have a collection of Images the you want to batch populated into various size templates..  If you use the Simple to populate Mockup template design.  One run of my BatchMockupTemplates.jsx script may be able to populate all your Mockup Templates with all you images and save the populated templates as jpeg images.  However,  some version of Photoshop have Performance issues when it cone to  populating smart object by editing in the replacement content.   If the replacement images are the correct size using Replace Content performance is much better.  My test case is a collection of 84 Mockup templates that have one Smart Object the is replace.  There are 41 replacement image all are the correct  so  I can  run the batch job using Replace Content as well as using Edit Object.   Either way 3,444 populated jpeg file are saved. However, there are version of Photoshop the you should not use the Edit Object option with,   Here is a summary of my Photoshop version testing.  Testing Windows 10 slow 2 GHz machine.

Summary.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really spent 2 days on it, then another 2 days one week later? THX for comparison 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No my machine spent two days or more I drank wine.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 x 2 bottles? 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't tested, however I would suggest an action for each target size such as:

* Presuming a flattened image, convert Background to layer

* Change canvas size to target size, retaining cropped pixels

* Run fill layer to canvas script

* Any other steps required...

IPP would then open each image and run the action, saving in the desired file format and naming convention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines