• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and drop of files on to Photoshop in the taskbar doesn't work on Window 11

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Can no longer drag and drop a photo into photoshop. When trying to do this, I get a red circle with a line through it. I used to be able to do this but not any longer. It's so upsetting. I am running windows 11 and the latest version of Photoshop. Thanks in advance 
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021
Hi Jane, you were right!

Currently, dragging a file onto an app in the taskbar to open it in that app is not supported in Windows 11, but we appreciate all your feedback, and we’ll continue to use it to help guide the future of features like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you trying to drag the image into Photoshop from? From File Explorer?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new Admin user account and run Photoshop from the new user account to see if the problem goes away: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#permissions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for replying. I am trying to drag photos from my D drive not C drive on my windows 11 PC. Tried moving them to C drive (desktop but it still did not work. I am running Photoshop version 23.0.2 but had the same issue with version 23.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's almost certainly permissions related. Try creating a new admin account like I suggested above or go to Photoshop.exe in Explorer, right click and grant Administrator privledges. Open PS, when you get a dialog that says "allow this app to make changes to your device?" click "Yes,"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this will not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to move a file to a Photoshop icon in a taskbar, then you will not succeed, in Windows 11 there is no such possibility at the present time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! But happily it works now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried changing administrator rights but that did not help. Is that what you meant? I thank for your replies. I was also told to try resetting photoshop preferences. Any thoughts? Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So nothing I try will work? 😞 Not even changing preferences? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running windows 11 and the latest version of Photoshop. 

By @Lo22107488mfi9

Windows 11 is not yet supported for Photoshop. Adobe strongly recommends waiting to upgrade until they have a compatible version of Photoshop.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/windows-11.html

B5A50168-1390-44E3-8009-6893A362AF47.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,
I just spoke to support and they said Photoshop 2022 is compatible with Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane, you were right!

Currently, dragging a file onto an app in the taskbar to open it in that app is not supported in Windows 11, but we appreciate all your feedback, and we’ll continue to use it to help guide the future of features like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lo22107488mfi9 wrote:
Hi Jane, you were right!

Hi Lo,

I'd rather be wrong! Jeffrey (Adobe Staff) is following this thread and, so we know Adobe is aware of the issue.

Jane 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I wish you were wrong as well 🙂 Apparently Windows will come out with a fix sometime in 2022.
Have a great evening and thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an article on the inability to drag and drop to the taskbar on Windows 11: https://winaero.com/how-to-enable-drag-n-drop-files-to-taskbar-in-windows-11/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks! That is exactly what I found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be the Correct Answer. Works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Team, 

The issue raised above is something affecting my team too. Could you help us with a solution? How can we drag and drop elements into our design? Currently, we are only able to import elements into new windows but are not able to place them on top of images we are working on? How are we going to do designs withou drag and drop? 

Do give us something to work with please. 

Kind regards, 

Kodzo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the thread? The problem was Windows 11 not the application.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if it's not adobe rather that has to adjust its apps to work with the new OS.

So yes, I read them but Adobe needs to upgrade accordingly.

In other words, it is not the new OS that is the problem but photoshop as all apps always need to be tuned to work with the various OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines