• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

drag and drop

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I drag and drop images into photoshop? I save pic as but once I go to photoshop file and open I can't drag the pic over to photoshop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try double clicking the image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that however it did not go on the document that I need it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so it is in Photoshop and 1st problem solved?

yes = now move it to the document you need it in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use File > Place Embedded or Place Linked to import the image into an existing document. You can also drag and drop image directly.

If you have two images open in Photoshop do the following:

• Switch to tab with the image which you want to move to another document
  • Activate the Move tool
  • Click on the image and drag it onto the tab of another image, wait for a second to switch to that tab.
  • Move cursor inside (over the image) and release the mouse button

drag-image.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I activate the move tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to activate the move tool my problem is I am trying to put an image on a template but can't drag and drop it. when I click place linked it open in another tab so I am confused with getting in from that tab to the template

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me guess what is going on. You are double clicking Smart Object layer to replace current image. When Photoshop open new tab, replace image using File > Place Embedded or in any other way that you are instructed. Go to File > Save then use File > Close. Another way is to click on x in the right corner of document tab then to confirm on Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it say in the title bar of the new tab? Is it a .psd or a .psb or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it says png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

maryr99240413  wrote

I know how to activate the move tool my problem is I am trying to put an image on a template but can't drag and drop it. when I click place linked it open in another tab so I am confused with getting in from that tab to the template

If the template is from Adobe Stock, give us the number so we can look at it. Some templates have a unique way to replace a picture. Does it have instructions?

To confirm:

• You have the template open in a tab
  • When you try to drag and drop from Mac Finder or Windows File Explorer into the template, it doesn't work. What happens? (It should come in as a Smart Object.)
  • Someone suggested double-clicking the image. That will open it in a new tab. You can then use the Arrange Windows command to tile the tabs side by side and drag one image into the other. It will come in as a layer. (Or keep them in tabs and use Trevor's method. It's tricky for a beginner sometimes.
  • When you choose File > Place, it will come in as a Smart Object
  • When you copy and then go to the template document, Paste is gray out. Can you paste to another program such as Word? If you choose File > New, can you paste there?

We may need to see a screen shot or two, starting with the Layers panel. Make sure it is tall enough and wide enough to see all of the layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mary, if you have successfully copied the image to the clipboard — which is what should happen when you right click and choose 'Copy image' — then you should be able to click on the target image inside Photoshop, and simply paste using Ctrl v (Cmd v).

To make sure you have something in the clipboard, inside Photoshop, click on the Edit menu, and see if Paste is solid or greyed out

In this screen shot 'Copy' and 'Paste' are solid, while 'Cut' and 'Copy Merged' are greyed out.  SDo I know there is something in the clipboard.

You can click on Paste from this menu, which will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy is solid but paste is greyed out so is cut and copy merged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maryr99240413  wrote

copy is solid but paste is greyed out so is cut and copy merged

OK, so the clipboard is empty.  You can still drag and drop from another open Photoshop document using the method Bojan showed you.  I think I had trouble when I first tried to use that.  You have the get the workflow exactly right.  Check out Bojan's Gif again, and I'll try and back it up with some screenshots

I have two documents open:  Interlocked Rings.psd & Gollum.psd

Note: They are opened in tabs

I want to drag a layer from Gollum to Rings

It is important that you left click on the layer, (Green dot) and hold down the mouse button.

Drag up to the other document's Tab and hover

— the other document window will then open.

Cary on dragging down into the document window, and release the mouse.

You will now have copied the layer to the other document.

You need to be aware of relative document sizes when doing this.  You can Free Transform (Ctrl T) to resize layers, but if you need to increase the size, it will lead to quality loss

Good luck and have fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to duplicate layer(s) using Duplicate... command. Here is how to Response to Adobe Forums tread drag and drop - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines