• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag Transform Crop << VS >> 2 Point click

Enthusiast ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a method to crop images that helps me a lot on productivity (thounsands of images daily.

But I want to go further in the next step, avoiding dragging the Transform selection.

I have solved the creation of a fixed racio rectangle selection that then activates the TransformSelection to Crop the image (bounds).

My challenge now would be to reduce the mouse inputs at maximum:

by clicking on 2 points (upper and down). Then the script detects the second just clicked point and automatically creates my fixed racio rectangle selection uising the precise Y distance between these two points and then batch to the next image.

I wonder if the Counter tool could be used to do this...

This would remove much of the exhaustion of my arm at the end of each week because I manage to this 700 times each day.

Can someone help me?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Yes!

I've made it.

Now I crop without dragging, without crop tool.

Only 4 clicks and GO!

I wonder why adobe didn't figure how much it helps users not to tired the hand too much at the end of the day.

I used the

app.activeDocument.colorSamplers.length

app.activeDocument.colorSamplers.position

to read the sanplers x,y info and the rest was maths and some work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guru ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The count tool would let you set two objects that you can later get the position from. So could the colorSampler tool or even just the path tool and those don't need the extended version of Photoshop.

But I am not clear about how the script would know what ratio to use and exactly where to draw the selection using just two points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue to solve in first place is this:

Is it possible pause a script waiting to detect the creation of 2 count tools (or 2 colorSampler points) and continue the script without any button or window?

The racio rectangle selection I can solve it and create it using only the heigth and centering it (on transformSelection).

But I would like to discuss this on a second moment. I have done it already using all the image width or height and no a smaller selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you can not pause a script , only stop it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you need to pause the script? I would think that you would place the two points then run the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The idea is to run it to multiple opened images (batch).

For a large ammount of daily work, to reduce 700 clicks per day is significant.

If I really can't pause a script, only stop it that's all I want to know.

That's a shame.

Adobe should think not only on perfetionist work needs but also on productivity improvement tools like this.

If I could activate some kind of script listener to react to certain behaviours of the mouse clicked tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add an event notifier to check when the count or color sampler tool is used. That event script could check the number of points and run the needed code if there are two.

So if you are only working with open images you should be able to automate this. The event notifier would listen to the count tool. When there are two count items it crops the image, saves, and closes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figure I must batch all images to create the points and then batch again another script to activate the rest.

It is a middle way of improvement but I'll try it.

Tks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes!

I've made it.

Now I crop without dragging, without crop tool.

Only 4 clicks and GO!

I wonder why adobe didn't figure how much it helps users not to tired the hand too much at the end of the day.

I used the

app.activeDocument.colorSamplers.length

app.activeDocument.colorSamplers.position

to read the sanplers x,y info and the rest was maths and some work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines