• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

draw circles from center

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2016 Mar 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking at "Create a shape on a shape layer" in the documentation for Photoshop CS6 (PDF) on how to draw a circle from the center. It states that to do this for Windows press Alt [not hold?] but when I do this the tool changes to the eye dropper or if I hold Shift and Alt the behavior is the same as if I simply hold the Shift. If I happen to be on a shape layer when I hold the Shift a "+" shows next to the cursor and if I hold the Alt as well as the Shift then an "x" replaces the "+" then if I release the Shift the symbol the "x" changes to a "-". In any case I end up drawing a circle or an ellipse and in both cases I don't draw from the center. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click and and down the Shift key. Now, with the Shift key still held down, click and hold down the Alt key as you drag diagonally.

For a concentric circle create a dupe layer. Then Edit > Transform > Scale

Once again first hold down the Shift, then click and hold the Alt as you drag the bottom-right corner handle inward diagonally

circ.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't quite do it. I found that if I did the first part of you instructions it sort of worked. I did: Click and hold, then hold Shift, then start to drag off at an angle. The ellipse/circle would draw from the center but as soon as I held down the Alt the shape moved and continued to draw from the edge. Dragging horizontally produced no shape at all. This is almost like learning a dance step. <grin>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Drag diagonally. (My typo. A lesson not to talk on the phone while typing.)

You wrote:

I found that if I did the first part of you instructions it sort of worked. I did: Click and hold, then hold Shift, then start to drag

I will edit your reply for the correct method:

"I found that if I did the first part of your instructions it sort of worked. I did: Click and hold the Shift key. Then while still holding down the shift key also hold the Alt key, and start to drag diagonally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines