Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawing Inaccuracies

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2008 Jun 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I wanted to discuss how Photoshop handles drawing inaccuracies.

A user enters or sets up the canvas size in units he/she is familiar with (i.e. mm or inches). A user can also enter decimal values like 604.8mm for the Canvas height. User then selects the DPI eg- 72 DPI.

Now Photoshop on the screen displays/draws it in pixels. So (604.8*72)/25.4 = 1714.3937 pixels.

It seems Photoshop rounds this value and only creates a canvas with height 1714 pixels.

Now say you are laying out images on this canvas and the left, top, width and height of that image on the canvas are also entered by the user in mm. If you are trying to center the image on the canvas, clearly because of rounding of the pixel values, mathematically, the image might not be centered correctly. If we take out a print out, of this canvas, the image on the canvas is not accurately centered mathematically. Or is it? Does Photoshop automatically take care of these inaccuracies? If so, how?

Any help in this matter is highly appreciated.
Thanks
Regards,

Chetan
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This might be better posted to the main Photoshop forum vs the SDK forum. I don't see how this is an SDK issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines