• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawing tablet moving Photoshop canvas instead of drawing/Stylus working like hand tool

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has just recently started a week or two ago and I don't know why it's happening

I'm using a Huion Kanvas gt-191 and a Monoprice 10594 tablet. (Photoshop CC)

When I use the Stylus in Photoshop the canvas/screen moves around instead of drawing like it's acting like the Hand Tool but the hand doesn't appear,

I tried other programs and the Stylus works just fine in those programs (Illustrator, Krita, and InDesign)

I've tried shutting down my computer and trying again but that only fixes it until I zoom in/out just a tiny bit.
Also, I tried resetting all preferences on Photoshop (did nothing),
Also, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my drawing tablet software (did nothing)

and also I tried turning off windows ink, that fixes it but I lose pressure sensitivity (which is crucial for me)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Hello, here is the Adobe Help solution to this issue, a patch from Microsoft fixing the issue Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advisor ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take comfort that the workaround to use Wintab should be ok from its formal availablity in Corel Painter.  This is the Tablet entry in Painter 2018 Preferences:

corel painter wintab.jpg

RTS is a mystery to me.  But then again, so much of it is to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell me how to undo this command in the console? I have lost pressure sensitivity and the only way to get it back is undo this command, but I have no idea how. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys I have a definitive solution after spending a lot of time researching.

Some people have suggest disabling windows ink which is useless if you want

pressure sensitivity. Other people have suggested rolling back updates or reinstalling

windows which worked temporarily for me but the same issue started ,acting up again

the same way.This solution below works for Wacom's,The Surface line, and all other windows tablets experiencing the same issue.

Ill make this easy for the not so tech savvy.Don't be scared . Just do it

Step 1) .Close Photoshop -- go to the task bar --- locate the search icon that is indicated by the microscope

Step2.) Once you have reached this point, search command prompt by typing it in the search box and click on it to open it up.
*Command Prompt will be indicated by as a black box with some white type inside of it if you have never opened it up before.This is

also preinstalled on all Windows computers*

Step 3).

you need to copy this code *I will paste below* into your command prompt by pressing paste once right where the cursor is at the start of the app.

reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Step 4 )After you paste this coding above into command prompt press the [Enter} key

Step 5) close command prompt and open Photoshop. Zoom in and try to draw. Make sure everything in your tools palette is

working properly

Step 6) Stop pulling your hair out and make some great artt :]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tom93208  wrote

Hey guys I have a definitive solution after spending a lot of time researching.

Some people have suggest disabling windows ink which is useless if you want

pressure sensitivity.

Not wholly true. Disabling Windows Ink loses pressure sensitivity. Installing the PSUserConfig.txt file at the same time forces Photoshop to use Wintab APIs and restores pressure and tilt.
The alternative registry fix does work and was posted in posts 11 , 14 and 16 in this thread

However - no need for any of this now. Microsoft have issued an update to fix the issue that they caused . See link in this page from Adobe:  Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me how to undo that command? It's messed me up and I don't know how to revert!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tom93208, works like a charm so far.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yesss!! thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, here is the Adobe Help solution to this issue, a patch from Microsoft fixing the issue Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I downloaded the patch from Microsoft but now the pressure sensitivity is gone.  I traded one problem for another!  I'm using a Huion H610 drawing tablet.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  I'm not the one drawing, just the mom trying to help so I'm trying to familiarize myself with all this stuff.  Thanks for any help you can give!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you added the PSUserconfig.txt to your Photoshop User ID preferences folder to use Wintab API make sure you remove that file and change any Huion settings you made so the tablet would not use Windows INK API to use Wintab API instead.  Make sure Photoshop and your Huion both are configured to use Windows INK.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.  I didn't do any of that.  I just followed the link to update Windows with the fix given called KB4093105.  After I did the update, the pressure sensitivity was gone but it did fix the Photoshop canvas moving problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dis you mak the registry chage where you adden the Pen Key and set  LegacyPenInteractionModel to 1.  If did delete the Pen key or set LegacyPenInteractionModel to 0.  I do not have a tavlet like your's

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant update the patch. someone knows why?

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using a Mac and my problem is that the Hand tool becomes the Zoom tool while using a Wacom Stylus... No Idea why this suddenly starts to happen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You are replying to an old thread that has been marked correct with an issue unrelated to the original post, perhaps it would be better if you opened a new thread.

You will need to provide a lot more info, please take a look here

ASK- Forum Success Guide: Efficiently using the forums

Especially this bit "Tips for effective posting"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue but I'm using a MacBook Pro and Intuous Wacom tablet. The canvas floats and rotates on its own. I have disabled all tablet controls to make sure it is not because of that. I just can't work. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I reverted back to the Driver 6.3.36-2 (macOS 10.11 - 10.14) although I have Catalina 10.15.3 and it seems to have solved the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines