• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Droplet couldn't communicate with Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try using a droplet it pops up and says "Droplet couldn't communicate with Photoshop".

I'm running Windows 7, Photoshop CS5, and I am the administrator.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Photoshop 12.0.1 should have fixed the known droplet issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this video ,it worked for me.https://youtu.be/9doqgZq8058

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Droplet couldn't communicate with Photoshop".

Running win 10 and Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.5.0 20210809.r.384 ce617de x64

What can I do to make it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried ny of the previously posted 2 alternative suggestions that have worked for many?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm old enough to remember when photoshop actually worked -- with very few bugs. Those days are long gone. Now, with each new update, the current photoshop crew disgraces the Knoll bros.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again...Same thing happened again to me. I dropped a file unto my droplet and no problem. (I may have accepeted the compatibilty on screen request befor the 2nd drop?). Later on I dropped my files and the dreaded msg came up !
I tried to retraced what I had done vaguely remembering something about compatibility. But ran the w10 trouble shooting pgr. My first attempt did not work but the next option did. 
Now I'm looking at the droplet propriety under Compatility tab. I can see there is a tick in the box for: Run the comp mode for W7. As well in the Administrator box.. 
I'll try to join the screen pic from the trouble shooting that I tested and has been ok since. 
BTW I thought there was a 25 pic limit at one go but found out there does not seem to be a limit on the number. so it seems a whole folder may be processed with no prob. (I usually do this for photos I want to replace on my phone at lower 'weight' ie 4mb into 400 bytes)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it to work in October 2022.

What I did:
Updated Photoshop
Ran Photoshop as admin and created droplet
Right clicked on the saved droplet > properties >Compatibility tab (as in the image below) and checked the 'Run this program as administrator' box was ticked. Hit Apply, then ok. Then droplet worked.

Gilbert25497815lo5w_0-1666997170774.png

The same also worked if I created droplet NOT as admin and then checked the 'Run this program as administrator' box WASN'T ticked.

Moral of the story, if you droplet isn't working, try just making that checkbox the opposite and it might just work for ya. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It had taken me quite a while to find this post as I went through quite a few other ones before I found this one I was unable to run the droplet as administrator for some reason. The solution to this problem was to close Photoshop, set it to always run as administrator and then recreate the droplet after restarting Photoshop, after which everything worked.  THanks a lot!!!. The way I feel now is much better than it used to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines