• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate layers jumping to top of canvas outside of artboard

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest version of Photoshop (20.0.0 release) and I was working as usual until this happened. If I duplicate any layer or group within an artboard using the right click menu>duplicate layer/group, the duplicated image or group will appear on the top left of the canvas, outside the artboard itself. I read about a similar issue before and I experienced something similar once (layers jumping on top of other layers on the same artboards, but not losing position). This was quickly resolved on the next update. I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything to activate this weird behaviour, but anyone may have a fix for it? It's very annoying and inconvenient, for the moment I'm only able to duplicate single layer (no groups) using the Ctrl+J command (windows) to keep them in the same place as usual.
Any help? I couldn't find the same issue on the forums but maybe this happened before?
Thanks!!

issue.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

This is a bug in 20.0.0 which has been fixed in development builds. A fix is in the pipeline for these specific bugs:

• Layer Panel: Dragging a layer cell to the new layer icon at the bottom of the Layer Panel.
  • Duplicate Layers Dialog: selecting a layer and then using the main menu or context menu. If you duplicate to the same artboard (e.g. Artboard 1 to Artboard 1), the layer may duplicate to (hidden) canvas coordinates instead. Auto-nesting into another artboard may follow.
  • ctrl-J/cmd-J when more

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked this out by uninstalling and reinstalling the latest update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work. I'm having the same problem. Tried this and it did not fix the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it didn't work! I thought I solved the problem but the issue appeared again today after a few days of working perfectly. I really don't know what causes it. So bad you have the same problem!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug in 20.0.0 which has been fixed in development builds. A fix is in the pipeline for these specific bugs:

• Layer Panel: Dragging a layer cell to the new layer icon at the bottom of the Layer Panel.
  • Duplicate Layers Dialog: selecting a layer and then using the main menu or context menu. If you duplicate to the same artboard (e.g. Artboard 1 to Artboard 1), the layer may duplicate to (hidden) canvas coordinates instead. Auto-nesting into another artboard may follow.
  • ctrl-J/cmd-J when more than one layer is selected (e.g. a group)

In the meantime, try Option-Drag to duplicate the layer, either on-canvas or in the Layer Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer! Waiting for the next update to resolve this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines