• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicating folders in the same position

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since doing the latest update (Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.0 20180920.r.24 2018/09/20: 1193433  x64) on MACOS Mojave whenever I duplicate a folder it appears off to the left.

Any idea how to stop this happening?

Thanks,

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

This is a bug (PS-21131) and it has been fixed in development builds. The fix is in the pipeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by folder?  A layer group, an action set, a disk folder?  Folder is vague? A screen capture would be helpful...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a PSD, I have grouped elements. If I duplicate one of these folders, the contents shifts and doesn't copy in the same position as the original element. Happens with every single folder including subfoldersScreenshot 2018-10-29 at 16.06.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen capture with the two foldets expanded so we can see the shifting that took place?.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Done a before and after shot. Basically the folder contains text boxes, and vectors (lines for the form elements etc)

Before

Screenshot 2018-10-29 at 16.22.04.png

After

Screenshot 2018-10-29 at 16.22.12.png

​Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Now I see you mean the actual duplicated layer positions are not the same as the should be.  I doe not see that one my machine with a test  I did.  Can you upload your psd and post a link to it so I can test if it works the same on my windows 10 cc 2019 machine.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, here you go: WeTransfer

Thanks,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I see there is a problem in CC 2019 may be something to do with Artboards I have never used them.     The duplicated layers position are wrong in CC 2019  but in CC 2018 correct.   Now  I do not have the linked files and some of the fonts used in your psd and your psd has compatibility issues with CC 2018. Still CC 2018 seem OK CC 2019 not OK.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good shout, just tested it myself not using an artboard and it's fine. Any idea how to report a bug?

Thanks for the suggestions, it's driving me mildly bonkers at the moment this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bugs should be reports on Adobe Feedback site. Provide as mich info as you can. Photoshop Family Customer Community

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug (PS-21131) and it has been fixed in development builds. The fix is in the pipeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for confirming. Is there a place to view the current known bugs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is, but it's internal to Adobe only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines