Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

edit 3D object / replace source

Engaged ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I´ve created a complex 3D-scene. One of those 3D-objects has to be changed. When I open it ("edit source") and replace the picture and save the object, it doesen´t change in the 3D-scene. Do I have to push some button to actualize it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots, exact specifications, better explanations.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-15 um 16.23.08.png

It is a virtual display. In the frame are two glass panes. In between a poster. That is what I need to edit/change (the poster).

Usually you can click on the object (1) and then edit the source of the 3D object (2).​

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-15 um 16.31.27.png

I hope it´s more clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

Because I had a similar problem and didn´t want to make the whole work again for one tiny modification, I´ve took the time to find out how it works. I hope it is helpful for anyone.

This ist the 3D-object:

3D_object.png

Now i want to remove the logo on it. Automaticly one try to "change source" in the properties-panel.

3D_properties_source.png

But you actually have to edit the source. There are at least two ways to resolve the problem. First one: you make a double-click on diffuse object (2) in the layer-panel.

3D_level.png

Second way you can try is, to chose in the 3D-panel that side of youre 3D-object, where you want to remove the logo from (or change whatever you want). In most cases it is the front. Then click on diffuse and change Material.

3D_mesh.png3D_materials.png

In both cases you get a 2D version of your object and you can make youre changes. Maybe - if it is a smart-object - you must doubleclick it.

3D_diffuse.png

After the changes and saving you get the new version of of your 3D Object.

3D_object after.png

You are welcome to improve my comments if I made a mistake ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines