Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit Photoshop atn action file

Engaged ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there a way to edit Photoshop action .atn file externally?

I created long sets of actions which i want to modify and edit.

Is there a way to do this externally?

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Er...it's much simpler and quicker to modify them "live" in Photoshop. Just double-click the step with an open image, and set the new parameter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are script that will convert an atn file into an XLM file that can exit with a text editor then  convert the modified XML  back into an action.   Why do you not want to edit your action in the Action Palette.  It would be very difficult to add action step  modifying the XML data.   The Action Palette is a full function action editor...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am trying to debug actions which used to work in PS 2017 and now, in c 2018 they stopped working and stop on missing commands.

e.g.

The command "select" is not currently available.

This happens when i try to Select layer "Layer 1" in my action.

It appeases that the name of a copied layer in ps 2017 is different that the one in CC 2018.

I still do not know what the change is exactly but when i find out i will have to change many steps in my actions and it is easier externally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its best to select layer relatively in action layers names need not be unique and Photoshop will not alway create the same new layer names. Select layers by Name may select the wrong Layer 1.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actions have dependencies Single step the action you having a problem with on the document you are having the problem with watch and see what the problem is you can watch each step before and after state aid see what step is failing and why. Does the document have one or more layers named "Layer 1"

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips.

Contains

Example

Download

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks..

i'll check it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines