• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit zoom tool CMD+spacebar on a Mac

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac CMD+spacebar pulls up Spotlight, so it does not work to zoom in ACR or PS 2020. Although the shortcut can be disabled in System Preferences on the Mac, that is not convenient since I loose that universal search option. Rather, there should be a way to edit the keyboard shortcut in PS 2020. 

If I look up Default keyboard shortcuts where the command "Switch to Zoom In tool" is listed (
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/default-keyboard-shortcuts.html), under View Images, I learned, "This partial list provides shortcuts that don’t appear in menu commands or tool tips."  

Why can't it be included somewhere in Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Interactive zoom is one of those shortcuts that are hard-coded, Adobe has not said whether they might change that.

Personally, I don’t see this as a problem, I took it as an oppportunity. I use Spotlight so much that I decided it would be better to open Spotlight with a single key instead of having to press two keys. I went into macOS System Preferences and changed the Spotlight shortcut:

• For my full desktop keyboard, I changed the Spotlight shortcut to F12, the function key at the right end

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interactive zoom is one of those shortcuts that are hard-coded, Adobe has not said whether they might change that.

Personally, I don’t see this as a problem, I took it as an oppportunity. I use Spotlight so much that I decided it would be better to open Spotlight with a single key instead of having to press two keys. I went into macOS System Preferences and changed the Spotlight shortcut:

• For my full desktop keyboard, I changed the Spotlight shortcut to F12, the function key at the right end of the main keyboard area.

Spotlight-keyboard-shortcut-F12.jpg

• When using my MacBook Pro keyboard with Touch Bar, I changed the Touch Bar shortcut at the right end to Spotlight. If I want Spotlight, I just tap there. That replaces the default Siri button, but that’s the thing: I never use Siri, I always use Spotlight, so for me it’s a productive change. Some people complain that the Touch Bar is not tactile, but by putting the Spotlight button at the right edge I can find it by touch: Feel for the TouchID/power button; Spotlight is just to the left of that.
    Touch-Bar-Spotlight.jpg

Now I have single-tap access to Spotlight in all applications, and no more conflict with the Command-spacebar zoom shortcut used in many applications, Adobe and non-Adobe.

If you feel strongly that Adobe should allow access to keyboard shortcuts that can’t be changed currently, you can add a feature request in the Ideas section of this forum, where feature requests can be upvoted and discussed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great advice...

Did it !
Love it !
Thank You Conrad....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fastidious,

I have never changed by shortcuts for Cmd+Spacebar because it has always worked for me in as many versions as I can remember. I hold down Cmd+Spacebar and get both the Zoom tool and Spotlight as you can see in this screen shot.

• When I want Spotlight, I release Cmd+Spacebar and type into the Spotlight window
  • When I want to Zoom in PS, I continue holding the keys and drag my mouse (or press and hold the mouse)

14.png

~ Jane

Photo Credit: Davescm
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/something-for-the-weekend-part-94-fasten-your-seat-belts/m-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit the space bar before you hit the CMD key. 

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines