• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Erasing with edge of brush cursor?

Contributor ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm used to Photoshop Elements but am now using full Photoshop. In Elements, when you erase, you can erase with the edge of a brush--such as the perimeter of a circle--thus you can see exactly what you're doing. With PS, it's only letting me erase starting from the center of the cursor, so I find it impossible to do precise work. I have checked Settings/Cursor and tried all the options there, none help, I do not like "precise" as then i really can't see what I'm doing, and looked in other settings and menus but can't find a way to change this--does anyone know of any? I'm on a Mac, Ventura.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

@vixler 

You didn't post a screenshot, but this sounds like a setting in macOS. If you made your cursor larger in System Preferences, you need to set it to Normal to fix the PS issue.

The directions changed in macOS13, so choose your macOS from the Apple Help page and change the cursor size to Normal.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/make-the-pointer-easier-to-see-mchlp2920/13.0/mac/13.0

janee_0-1677931646020.png

Jane

EDIT: 23 seconds after Ged...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't quite figure out what you want, but it sounds like you just need to use a hard brush instead of a soft one.

brush2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That wasn't the issue, but thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was it, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vixler 

You didn't post a screenshot, but this sounds like a setting in macOS. If you made your cursor larger in System Preferences, you need to set it to Normal to fix the PS issue.

The directions changed in macOS13, so choose your macOS from the Apple Help page and change the cursor size to Normal.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/make-the-pointer-easier-to-see-mchlp2920/13.0/mac/13.0

janee_0-1677931646020.png

Jane

EDIT: 23 seconds after Ged...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jane-e 23 seconds, you're getting faster 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor Signing up for Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing right now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines