Error 2: photoshop is undefined - Persistent error on M1pro Mac

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 2: photoshop is undefined.

Line:1

->

I keep getting this error when going to & from Photoshop (24.1)& Lightroom (12.1)

Any Ideas?

Also more often than not Photoshop dosent open the image I've sent from Lightroom via "Edit in Photoshop 2023" it just boots it up and it sits there on the 'Home' screen (it works if I send it as a smart object however)

UPDATE; finding something similar happening now since v25 of photoshop update. Says it wants to open it in the Beta - even though I've already uninstalled it. - boots v25 after complaining 🤷🏼

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im getting the same issues now with the new updates for 2024. 

Never had this issue b4. 

Same as you, noly opening if its a smart object in PS (which i do anyway) and the error after every save which is exrtremely irritating and time consuming given i save as PSD, then TIFF, then jpeg! They better sort this out fast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have now installed, re installed, used the Adobe removal tool twice, reinstalled again, exactly the same thing numerous times with 5 engineers. The then took a log file and sent it for investigation, currently waiting for feedback.

Often it's not the computer, its the person behind the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have multiple versions or an unusual installation? Adobe has a number of scripts where global Extendscript terms are defined. If those scripts are missing or permissions are corrupted or security software is interfering (or possibly some other issue such as a non-standard install, use with something like Citrix, etc) then you might see this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines