• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error - Could not transform the path in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

getting this error today when trying to resize photos in PSD files.

"could not transform the path because the selected portion of the path does not enclose any pixels"

My machine specs are :
Intel Core i7 - 9700F CPU @ 3.00 GHZ 8 core 64 GB of ram 64 bit operating system NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 164 MB memory Monitor is BenQ PD3200U 4K UHD - hooked up via HDMI

and
Mac mini (M1, 2020) - 16GB Ram - 2TB SSD
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

The reason:

You see this error because in some point you have selected the pen tool (P) and then clicked somewhere in the image. This started creating a path. It doesn't matter if you switch the tool - the dot you have created will stay until you close it.

The solution:

1. Select the pen tool (click P)
2. Click somewhere on the image (you will see a line appear)
3. Close the path by creating a second line and then connect it to the first dot
4. Right click->Make Selection->Ok
5. Ctrl+D or (cmd+D for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of what you're trying to do?  If you're resizing an image, it doesn't matter if paths have pixel.  Normally you get an error like that when you have a selection made that does not have any pixels and you're trying to transform the selection. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will try and get a screen shot up, but it does this for photos, type, and any elements. Opened a blank file and moved over my images and it worked for a bit, tired to scale a logo and it popped up again.

My machine specs are :
Intel Core i7 - 9700F CPU @ 3.00 GHZ 8 core 64 GB of ram 64 bit operating system NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 164 MB memory Monitor is BenQ PD3200U 4K UHD - hooked up via HDMI

and
Mac mini (M1, 2020) - 16GB Ram - 2TB SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When all else fails, did you try resetting your preferences upon starting PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press ENTER to close that path ->DONE , somewhere when you press P , you make a path without closing it and it appered a small x in your screen , just Enter and you done .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason:

You see this error because in some point you have selected the pen tool (P) and then clicked somewhere in the image. This started creating a path. It doesn't matter if you switch the tool - the dot you have created will stay until you close it.

The solution:

1. Select the pen tool (click P)
2. Click somewhere on the image (you will see a line appear)
3. Close the path by creating a second line and then connect it to the first dot
4. Right click->Make Selection->Ok
5. Ctrl+D or (cmd+D for Mac) to close the selection.

You should be all set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.

May God bless you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much this has been driving me crazy for days!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you thank you!! This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, sir! You were exactly right and the most helpful of any answer I found when I got the same error message. I was wondering why I had that one blue dot on my image!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, also, have been having this problem.Unfortunately, after going through the above process, I now have four dots and connecting lines instead of just a dot. 

image.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the correct reason for the problem, but all you really have to do is step select the Pen Tool, right click, and select Delete Path

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, this is such a huge help. I love the pen tool, but didn't realize how inportant you don't accidentally start a path. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

u save my life hahaha.. tks bro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A god sent! Thanks~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU!!! That would've taken me a billion years to figure out otherwise! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm...Awesome this is on here..Thanks so much!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i had this issue and it turns out it was because i had multiple pictures open to copy and paste and the selection box was still active on the picture I was copying from. Once i deselected there, I could transform again on the photo i was working on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also easily delete path by this way;

1. open paths tab from window>paths

2. right click on path in that tab

3. delete path 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!!  Yours was the one that cracked it for me - I tried the one above but yours worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simeon Dukov made a great answer. But yours complete his answer in a perfect way!
Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GOD BLESS YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines