• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error_Photoshop

New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not complete your request because a SOFn, DQT or DHT JPEG marker is missing before a JPEG SOS marker

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Hi one simple solution is shown in video also...Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same Error Message on PS CC 2018 (MacOS HighSierra and Win10). To open & to save the affected images in MS Paint or something should not be the solution when using a commercial product like Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Engholmsen  escribió

I've got the same Error Message on PS CC 2018 (MacOS HighSierra and Win10). To open & to save the affected images in MS Paint or something should not be the solution when using a commercial product like Photoshop.

Agreed.  We pay a lot of money to be offered workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message is a splendid example of Windows 95 era clarity.  Is there a mystic somewhere who knows what language it's in and what it means?

I only get it with photos taken by a fam member on a top-end Google phone and shared via WhatsApp.

Yes you can fix it by opening in one of the Microsoft generics and saving a copy then opening a copy.  Each and every time.  Just like old times really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Mac users: open the picture with preview and from preview export it in .png format. This new file can be now opened by Photoshop and saved in .jpg format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in windows you can mark all error photos, right clikc and click the rotate clockwise. it work for my error photos that i take from whatsapp from my phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i recently just found a quick solution for people using windows 7 and above.

If you got the images via whatsapp.Do not go straight into opening the images otherwise you will receive the error message.

What you need to do is right click on the image, click edit. and it will take you the initial windows editing tool ( not third party editing tools). next you save image as.... "name you want to give"...then save..

now you can use the image on PS 2015 or above.

note: make sure to save as JPEG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi one simple solution is shown in video also...Thanks.

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The topic is still unresolved with the new PS CC 2019. Only the error message has changed to a simplified one like "could not open it".  Adobe, get your things done! If you need a sample image, let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry this solution will only work if the problem affects a few files. I have many files where this problem arises. Therefore I am unlikely continue to use Adobe Photoshop if I have to open a file with other software in order to save it, before I can open it with Adobe.  This will be a significant overhead of my time.  Any other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines