ESC, Delete/ Backspace no longer working with the Polygonal Lasso

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating a selection with the polygonal lasso I used to be able to use the ESC key to exit out of the selection. Also, using the delete or backspace key used to allow me to go pack to a previous point in my selection. Neither of these functions are working for me anymore on Windows 10 Pro 64bit and Photoshop 23.4.2

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @GoodBullyLLC sorry to hear you are seeing this. Testing here shows the tool to be working as expected.

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

-- Cory

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm these bugs since the latest Photoshop updates. Not everytime, but very (!) often ESC and Del are not working. This sucks!

Unfortunately the bug report page of Adobe has become an external "suggestion board". This sucks too.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add:

Numpad + and - are not working neither, for zooming while doing the selection.

Only "solution" for now is closing the selection by double-click, then minimizing Photoshop and maximizing again. Then it seems to work for some time again.

By the way @Adobe: That sucks. YOU are the ones who know what you change with the tools in every update. Do your testing before releasing!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too am having issues with this, so annoying!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines