• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ET 15000 printer for mac ICC Profile

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the life of me, I cannot find where I get a profile for my ET-15000. I am trying to print to paper from a color correction from Photoshop on my MAC (latest OS on MacBook Air), and each time I print it hardly looks like I made any changes. I thought maybe I needed the a profile. I know little about this, but the Epson website appeared to be no help. Thought I'd try here since I'm printing from Photoshop. Any enlightenment anyone can give will be appreciated greatly. Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Profiles are typically installed with the printer driver software, but this one doesn't seem to have received any updates in two years, so there may be none. Everything I could find suggests you are simply supposed to use the built-in paper types and color settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for letting me know this. I was driving myself crazy not being
able to find anything about this printer and profiles. Rabbit hole for sure.

--

Claudia Hafner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When installing the Epson driver the paper profiles are generally installed (but you have to download it online, don't use the default apple driver). If you can see actual Epson paper name sin the printer settings (you should see names such as "Premium glossy photo paper", not just "matte"/ "glossy" etc) 

Here's an example of what I'd expect to see in an Epson driver for media name options:

Page Setup Roll Paper.jpg

1. Delete all instances of Epson printers from 

System Preferences / Printers & Scanners -or- System Preferences>Print & Fax, whichever you have.

2. Then go to /Library/Printers and trash the whole Epson folder.

3. Delete the Epson LFP Remote Panel (IF you are using that utility).

4. Then go to Epson online and download the printer drivers yourself.

Do not let the Mac install the printer driver for you.

There’s one more tripwire - in System Preferences / Printers  - - - , when adding the connected printer

[i.e. click the padlock, enter your password and click the “+” button]

Name Epson Stylus Pro 4900.jpg

- watch out for the “Use" selection

- I recommend you do not select "Airprint" there under "use", but, rather, manually set "use” to the printer name, which will then call on the manufacturer’s own software rather than the default Apple driver (that’s based on Gimp Print, which misses out some printing options such as specific manufacturers media names). 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the extra tips. I originally downloaded and installed since I
don't have a CD drive. HOWEVER, I do have another Epson Stylus 8400 (talk
about old!!) that I still use, so I don't want to delete what I need for
that one. I'm inclined to try to make this as clean as possible however so
maybe I start over as you suggest.
--

Claudia Hafner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines