• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Evented I/O for V8 JavaScript, is it safe?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After opening Photoshop CC (14.1.2) I receive a Window Security Alert stated that Windows Firewall has blocked some feature of this app. The details are as follows: Windows Firewall has blocked some of the features of Evented I/O for V8 Javascript on all public and private networks. The publisher is Joyent, Inc. and the path is C:/program files/adobe/adobe photoshop cc (64 bit)/photoshop-node.exe. My question, is it safe to allow Evented I/O for V8 to communicate on private and/or public networds?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

OK, I will try to explain easily the workaround proposed by annexa89826053

1. Go to here and download process explorer: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

2. You will get a .zip file that you need to extract to a normal windows folder -> Right click extract

3. Run the file procexp.exe

4. Accept the  license terms

5. Once the Process Explorer is running you can select from the list a process called: node.exe (green icon)

6. right click node.exe and select Suspend

DONE

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like the name node.exe because I have got node.js install on my machine so I disallowed Joynet Inc to access the Internet. And then uncheck the Perferences>Plugin>

It is used to for inter-application communication, And this is violation of security protocol. So how much of the workflow is streamlined if you decide to use the node.exe plugin. ??? It depends on the workflow so the INTRO for generator does not mention it. http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2013/09/adobe-revolutionizes-photoshop-with-generator/

If I see performance slow down I will enable the generator but for now to error on side of caution is better because Inter-application communication protocol need to happened through certified API keys between the application AND NOT through OPEN source nodejs github repository download..Perhaps Joynet Inc wants to CHARGE Adobe ARM and a LEG to create a secure API Key.

Perhaps Adobe has not renewed their contract with Joynet Inc and that is why we had do deal with this annoying pop-up message. OR Adobe wants to simply create awareness among users that they can create their own Adobe Generator plug-in for Inter-Application communication using Nodejs and many people have done so at Adobe Photoshop · GitHub

RajJoynet-adobe-cloud.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your best option is to resolve the issue long term.

Here are the steps I used to fix this issue for my users

1. Download node.exe from the nodejs.org website (32-bit | 64-bit) Tested successfully with the 32-bit
  2. Backup the old node.exe by renaming it to something like node.exe.old, just in case. For me it was located under (C:\Program files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CCLibrary\libs)
  3. Copy over the downloaded node.exe to the same folder (See Step 3)
  4. Add the exe to the windows firewall (Start Menu - Search "Allow a program through windows firewall")
  5. Click on "Allow another program..."
  6. Click "Browse..." and then navigate to the path in Step 3. Select node.exe and click "Open"
  7. Click "Add" to add the program to the Allowed programs list.
  8. Make sure all required boxes are selected. For me I just needed to make sure Domain was selected.
  9. Open your Adobe product to verify the error popup no longer appears.

This worked on all of my Creative Cloud machines here in my office.

Cheers,

DLindner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has stopped the majority of my errors, but Libraries are not functional anymore, even after removing the CoreSync folders and restarting Creative Cloud.

This may be a short-term band-aid to remove the error messages, but it doesn't fix the root cause, I hope Adobe actually sort it out soon, working without Libraries is annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional setting for a long term solution.

If you are running Adobe CC on a 64-bit Windows 7, follow the steps described by DLindner and download new exe's (32- AND 64-bit) from nodejs.org website.

1. Place the 64-bit exe-file in 'Program \ Adobe \ Adobe Photoshop CC 2015'.

2. Place the 32-bit exe-file in both 'Program (x86) \ Adobe \ Adobe Creative Cloud \ CCLibrary \ libs' AND 'Program (x86) \ Adobe \ Adobe Creative Cloud \ CCXProcess \ libs'.

3. Add BOTH exe-files to the Windows Firewall. They will be accepted separately (as 32-bit and 64-bit versions).

I am still working without notifications. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional setting for a long term solution.

If you are running Adobe CC on a 64-bit Windows 7, follow the steps described by DLindner and download new exe's (32- AND 64-bit) from nodejs.org website.

1. Place the 64-bit exe-file in 'Program \ Adobe \ Adobe Photoshop CC 2015'.

2. Place the 32-bit exe-file in both 'Program (x86) \ Adobe \ Adobe Creative Cloud \ CCLibrary \ libs' AND 'Program (x86) \ Adobe \ Adobe Creative Cloud \ CCXProcess \ libs'.

3. Add BOTH exe-files to the Windows Firewall. They will be accepted separately (as 32-bit and 64-bit versions).

I am still working without notifications. Good luck! ! !

DLindner‌ and Wosik1‌ did it for me. Solved the problem long-term, but took into account the 64-bit version of Windows7 that I had. Libraries are also working fine as is the check for updates function. The update patch did not do it by itself, but created more of the errors. Great job guys and many thanks!

d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally this worked for me. -- I don't see where I am supposed to click on correct here but I am writing it so guess that will be good enough.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU.

My system is running Windows 7 64-bit and coughed up this error whenever I opened After Effects or InDesign. Just copied the two different node.exe files to those folders and all is good.

What a PITA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the processexplorer, ran the program and like the comment above there is no 'NODEexe'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The node.exe is typically called by the CCLibrary.exe (Creative Cloud Library) when you open your adobe product.

If you are getting the Evented I/O window that opens and quickly closes, you will see it appear and disappear as a child of the CCLibrary.exe in processexplorer when you open an Adobe product like InDesign, Photoshop, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what I did, and so far it seems to work (and is only a short term fix) is to

1. rename CCLibrary.exe to CCLibrary.exe.old
  2. In Windows Task Manager under Processes I stopped the CCLibrary process

So far it has stopped the error from constantly popping up

Alternatively you can just drag the error window to the bottom of the screen and let it sit there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love Process Explorer, but you don't need to install it to kill the node.exe process - you can use Windows Task Manager Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what this did, but it seems to be working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We got the same problem at our marketing department. The pop-up started this morning and suspending node.exe kills the symptom but not the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error message and Windows task manager suggests that the CC-Library is causing it to appear. Here is what Adobe suggests. Have'nt tried it out yet though.: Panelen för Creative Cloud Libraries läser inte in skrivbordsprodukter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compass NZ‌ excelente demostração. Acabou com o encomodo, valeu muito obrigado!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe do something about it? After upgrade CC application, always I have warning from picture above. The solution with ProcessExplorer works only for one running of software and it's embarrassing...

And of course CC Libraries does't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

@ Adobe, can you please answer this thread with your expected solution for this? Or are we left alone with own "hacks" to solve this? Its fantastic to se all the contribution by all kind people in this thread but this should come from Adobe, and not in the far future. Now! Its impossible to work under this since the popup blocks all other programs and its always on top.

Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I had the same problem, so i searched for a solution and after this, it worked:

1. Open the "Task Manager" while the process of this problem report is running (otherwise you won't see it)

2. Click on "node.exe", open the file path (mine was C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CCLibrary\libs).

3. Delete the programm while it does not appear on the screen.

And the problem is solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that too, but afterwards the CC libraries don't work anymore. We merely work in Indesign and need the libs to work fluently. Replacing the node.exe with a newer version, doesn't do the trick neither, error is gone and CC libs do not work anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gert,

Have you seen the suggestion from the following:

Re: Error: "Evented I/O for V8 JavaScript has stopped working"

by DLinder:

1. Download node.exe from the nodejs.org website (32-bit | 64-bit) Tested successfully with the 32-bit
  2. Backup the old node.exe by renaming it to something like node.exe.old, just in case. For me it was located under (C:\Program files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CCLibrary\libs)
  3. Copy over the downloaded node.exe to the same folder (See Step 2)
  4. Add the exe to the windows firewall (Start Menu - Search "Allow a program through windows firewall")
  5. Click on "Allow another program..."
  6. Click "Browse..." and then navigate to the path in Step 2. Select node.exe and click "Open"
  7. Click "Add" to add the program to the Allowed programs list.
  8. Make sure all required boxes are selected. For me I just needed to make sure Domain was selected.
  9. Open your Adobe product to verify the error popup no longer appea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working? It lets me work in Indesign yes, but the CC libs still aren't working and we get the busy icon all the time popping up.

So I reverted to the old "node.exe" and suspended the proces.

I hope Adobe will get an answer soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also encountered this problem today for the first time. Seeing the timestamp of the TS, wich leads me to the question why Adobe let's this situation continue, I doubt Adobe will take action soon.

@Adobe, please fix this issue. It seems to look like the data that is being send by Node.exe is that much value it overrules the user experience. Too bad

Also nog have seen any comment on this from Adobe itself, on the forums of ADOBE itself!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution DLinder provided worked for the machines in our office. I do have to note that the node.exe files that we replaced were al located in Adobe installation folders and thus provided by Adobe. Blaming Microsoft (as was mentioned in another comment in this thread) by Adobe is therefore wrong and just a way of finding an easy scapegoat for their own failing. Adobe provided the files, therefore Adobe should fix this (and do better testing!).

Since we started using the Creative Cloud solution (you have no other choice by the way), we have seen more issues that Adobe blames on someone else his product, although the problem is in their own software (such as being unable to update the Creative Cloud desktop app, because it gets stuck after two percent and you need to download a full new version from the site).

Adobe fix this and please update your product testing before releasing software to the world!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current update for CC Desktop app fix the problem. Please check if You have the version x.x.x.181

When not please download this version from here:

http://trials2.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win32/ACCCx3_4_1_181.zip

First start downloading a Trail of a product after signing in with the Adobe ID

1. Open the page

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-downloads.html

and then click above link. You should see the download being started, as a ZIP, Extract the Zip, and run the setup.exe

Please, give a feedback if the update solve the issue.

Thank you in advance!

P.S.

I forgot. Here is the link for MAC OS X if needed

http://trials2.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/osx10/ACCCx3_4_1_181.dmg

And do not worry, the update should appear officially on next Monday (30-12-2015)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed, It works for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines