Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Everything turning blue in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I created some stars and used color overlay on them to make them blue.  I then linked the 5 layers of the stars together.

When I came back to my computer today, everything I do in Photoshop turns blue!

For example:

a) Creating a new rectangle, it appears blue on the canvas, even though the Fill color shows it as yellow and the layer in the layer panel shows it as yellow.  FYI, when I export to PNG, the rectangle remains blue.

blue-everything-1.png

b) When I press Ctrl+Alt and drag text WITH the blue stars the text suddenly becomes blue too.  Changing the text color does not work, just like it didn't work with the rectangle above.

blue-everything-2.png

c) When I copy a screenshot and paste it onto my canvas, the entire screenshot appears on the canvas as just one big blue rectangle.  However, if I first copy and paste one of the text boxes and THEN copy & paste the screenshot, it pastes like normal.

Any idea why this is happening and how to resolve?

It's really really holding up my work.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Nope.  Nothing in place that would change the colors as far as I can tell.

SOLUTION!  This is clearly some sort of bug.  The 5 stars that were blue were all in a folder.  I had applied the blue overlay to the entire folder.  This is what caused the problem -- still not clear WHY this would be a problem, but as soon as I removed the color overlay from the folder, everything is working normally again.

I've now applied color overlay to the full stars (one smart object) and the empty stars (another sm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What version of Photoshop do you have, have you tried resetting Photoshop preferences

Reset Pref.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged,

Thanks for the reply.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.6

Windows 10

I took your suggestion and tried resetting preferences upon exit.  Problem still occurring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there (Adjustment) Layers above the Rectangle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  Nothing in place that would change the colors as far as I can tell.

SOLUTION!  This is clearly some sort of bug.  The 5 stars that were blue were all in a folder.  I had applied the blue overlay to the entire folder.  This is what caused the problem -- still not clear WHY this would be a problem, but as soon as I removed the color overlay from the folder, everything is working normally again.

I've now applied color overlay to the full stars (one smart object) and the empty stars (another smart object).  No folder with color overlays for me anymore!

Thanks for your help looking into this everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening on all doc's or just this one, can you post a screenshot with the whole interface showing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was just this doc.  I posted a new reply with a solution.  Thanks Ged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keebster  wrote

...............This is clearly some sort of bug..........

That is no bug. If you apply a colour overlay to a group, of course it should affect the contents of the group. If it did not - it would be a bug.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave.  I see now how this was happening.  Every new element I created via copy & paste was being created inside the folder with the color overlay on it.  Alas, not a bug.  I just didn't realize what was going on. Thanks.

*laughs*   "Bug" = anything that doesn't do what I want it to!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Haha - by that definition - a bug

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines