Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export a layer in multiple colors

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I would like to export 1 layer/object that has multiple color options, made with fill layers, to PNG's in all of the seperate colors. 
So in this case, these are logos that should be in 15 different colors and I need 15 different PNG's of the same size. 

Here below how I would prepare the layers with a simplified setup with 2 colors. 

is there a way to automate this?

thank you for the advice

AF96B6BF-0B1F-4EC1-8C78-7612085C0D81.jpeg

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org

I would expect that the best approach would be a custom Script. 

How familiar are you with JavaScript? 

But maybe you can also get some mileage out of data-driven graphics: 

Creating data-driven graphics in Photoshop - Adobe Supporthttps://helpx.adobe.com › photoshop › usin...

What is the Blend Mode of the coloring layers? 

The names of the coloring layers seem to be the default names, for full automation it might be better if the names make sense and can be used in naming the resulting files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

Layernames are definitely something I have to get in order for the final psd file!

This was just to try to give an idea of what I'm supposed to figure out, but good remark nevertheless.

I have no experience with Java unfortunately. I saw that this could be a solution for my problem but for the moment being I'm stuck with the lack of knowledge.

Blend mode would be "pull through" or "linear dodge", depending on the sort of object I'm exporting for this project.

I'll dive into the "data-driven graphics" link. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The way I would tackle that, is by using Layer comps:

Now the concept is a bit tricky to explain in text form, so I  am adding the link to the official help files:
https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/using/layer-comps.html

to keep it short, layer comps are a way to "record states of your layer panel" and you can then take these different states and save each iteration. Recording in effect what is visible in your layer stack.

A good example of different layer comps would be

state 1: logo1 with red overlay (2 layers)
state 2: logo 1 with yellow overlay (2 layers)

state 3 :logo 3 with red overlay. (2 layers)

You got 3 different states.
To record those different states, you need to make visible only what you need in the layer stack, and click on the layer comp panel to create a new layer comp (a new state).

You can then export these different states as sepaparate files using the File>Export> layer comps to files

see an example for a commercial project of mine

Imaginerie_0-1670513208443.png

each of those layer comp entry represent a set of visible layers (50 in total, 2 visible each time) : 1 is a smart object layer containing some text and another containing the label colours (these were labels placed on a mock up). For each layer comp, there was only 2 layers showing among the vast number of layers in the layer stack.

Hope it makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines