• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export As automatically trims transparent pixels?

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I noticed that Export As is trimming out invisible pixels automatically.  In the screen shot, my image is 3072x1024. Export As treats it as a trimmed down 2734x437. This is not at all what I need. Is there a checkbox to turn this off? -- Save for Web (Legacy) does save out without trimming, however I try and avoid using that tool anymore, since I am affraid Adobe will someday remove it entirely.

IanMcIntosh_0-1621451322850.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Add a layer mask to each layer to be exported and that should eliminate the trim.

Screenshot-(106).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select your layer in the layers panel, turn off the visibility of all other layers then go File>Export>Export As

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but I do not follow your instruction. I want to export all visible layers. Whether I have some, all or no layers selected in the Layers pannel, the same result occurs. The image Export As proposes is trimmed to visible pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a layer mask to each layer to be exported and that should eliminate the trim.

Screenshot-(106).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still haven't solved this problem.
Hasn't this problem been solved yet?
Mac Os/ 2021ver 23.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff Arola's answer did lead me to a solution to the issue. In the screen grab, I added a full-image layer mask on the layer group called "fire ribbon". This way, when I use Export As, it regards anything inside of that mask to be important to export.

I consider that to be a "hack" to get around an unexpected behavior of PhotoShop. However, it is better than other possible hacks like using almost-transparent "registration marks" or borders. Optically invisible is not the same thing as mathematically invisible.

IanMcIntosh_0-1622322952567.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines