Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export as cuts off border on imageoto

Explorer ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshopt 23.3.3 mac

I have an image with a border for a google ad. I've created the image in photoshop at 400% so I can see it more clearly when working on it. The canvas size is 640 x 2400. The final jpg ad size is 25% of that, so 160 x 600. 

If I save the photoshop file as a jpg (640 x 2400) and then open the jpg and reduce the size to 160 x 600 everything looks good.

If I use the Export As function, set the size to .25x to export, the thin border on the right side of the image gets cut off so I no longer have an even border. The final size is correct 160 x 600, but it has been cropped slightly enough that the border is not even.

I have a whole bunch of ads to produce, so I need to resolve this or find an efficient way to save these alternate sized jpgs. Two steps is not efficient.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ideasmithlfs ,

Sorry you are experiencing this issue.  Do you see this issue in the preview window too?  Also have you tried tried disabling the following before exporting?

• Preferences -> Performance -> Multithreaded Compositing
  • Preferences -> Performance -> (Graphics Processing) Advanced Options ... -> GPU Compositing

Please let me know if this either way helps or not.

Sincerely,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew -

Same problem after adjust that setting and restarting photoshop.

I can send you samples of the images if you need.

Thanks!
Linda

[cid:DF0E0A011EB9457C8DC2D17BF90D0FB4]

linda festing-smith

visual communication artist

905.844.7604 | linda@ideasmith.ca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would be great.  Please send your Help -> System Info as well so we can understand the environment you're working in.  My email is sender@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines