• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export button not mapped to Enter key in Export As dialog.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason why the default confirmation button "Export" is not mapped to the Enter/Return key in "Export As" window? Even though it is highlighted, I find it frustrating that I have to use my mouse to click it instead of simply pressing "Enter". It may seem like a small detail, but it can be quite bothersome. Do you know if there's any possibility of addressing this issue?

Photoshop on 24.2.0 om macOS Monterey 12.6.3.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

In the "Legacy" Export the default confirmation button "Export" is mapped to the Enter/Return key.

You can test this for yourself by going to Photoshop>Preferences>Export and check Use legacy "Export As"

If your Mac is an M1/M2 then you need to run photoshop under Rosetta first before you can see/use the legacy Export setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that the keyboard language is English.
Let us know if it still not working after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My keyboard is US/English, Omar. Same problem. So I'll see what those in the bug forums think.

MacOS 12.6.3/Ps 24.2.0

Gene--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This going to be one of those answers you're not gonna like:

The Enter key is mapped to the Export key, but you have to use the Shift + Tab or Tab key to highlight it, which is the hard part.

Tab to reach the Cancel key and it will highlight:

Screen Shot 2023-03-17 at 10.42.45 PM.png

Then tap the Tab key one more time:

Screen Shot 2023-03-17 at 10.43.14 PM.png

The Export key stays blue, but expands slightly to let you know it is selected. You see the Export key is highlighted, but not readily selected by the Enter key, only by mouse or trackpad.

Then you can press Enter to get the MacOS Save dialog

Screen Shot 2023-03-17 at 11.00.28 PM.png

Then when you re-open the Export dialog, the Export button is no longer highlighted. You have to tab from whatever field is selected to get to it.

I agree with you that the Enter key should be tied to the Export button, so I filed a bug report here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/the-enter-key-is-not-mapped-to-the-highlight...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the "Legacy" Export the default confirmation button "Export" is mapped to the Enter/Return key.

You can test this for yourself by going to Photoshop>Preferences>Export and check Use legacy "Export As"

If your Mac is an M1/M2 then you need to run photoshop under Rosetta first before you can see/use the legacy Export setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff!  Works as advertised. I'll note that in the bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works, but I believe it's more of a workaround than a true solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, but if you want the Enter key option, it should do until there is a permanent fix. I don't know what the difference between the new and legacy Export dialogs are since I don't often use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the differences between the two is the technology used: CEP, the old way to make panels, or UXP, the new way, modern, with better scripting environment, etc. The old one relied on Generator to work, IIRC, could you try to see if it is enabled in your preferences? The new one is a work in progress that is supposed to replace the very old Safe for Web, and the in-between legacy export as.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/export-as-with-use-legacy-quot-export...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legacy version is much slower, but it has option to export files as SVG which is discountinued in current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In 25.6.0 it´s still not fixed!
Rediculous having to use legacy functions with are a lot slower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines